Need help over here (Please)!

Helloo Community,

I wanted to install Elgg version 1.9.6 in a remote server, everything went good during installation till i hit the 'Go to site' button, the url pointed: www.monexample.com/site/admin ('site' is the folder's name of my website) but displayed a page saying that "page you requested not found in the web server". 

P.S: mod-rewrite is already activated.

Can anyone help?

Thank you

• I used Filezilla to transfer dirs and files to the remote server, the whole content of the website is in "site" directory.

I've already install another version on another remote server, everything went smooth and easy, the redirection also. 

I don't know what's going wrong this time. i can't actually access any of the content of the website, i tried the php files (version.php, index.php ..) with all of them, i obtain a blank page or error: page not found. 

• .htaccess issue, or you haven't permissions on the folder.

Read these instructions

• Thank's guys!

actually, i forgot '.' when renaming htaccess file.

Now, it display error 500:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@um.es and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Apache Server at www.um.es Port 80
  • If you can't check your server's error logs then do it:

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@um.es

Because, there are many reasons for this error

• done, waiting for his answer.

Thank you.