Single Sign On

Hello Everyone, I am using elgg 1.9 and I have my own php system which have it's own login form. I want my login form to log in to both my system as well as elgg 1.9

If anyone can help me please?

• @dpk888

Hi, I have wordpress and Elgg installed side by side in different directories. Having very little tech knowledge ive been trying to find a solution to allow my users to login and register on wordpress, and then access elgg.. Im not bothered if they have to phsyically log into Elgg through login box, , just need the login credentials to be the same. Can this plugin be used for this scenario... is it challenging to set it up.  

Wordpress has a plugin for oauth webservices if you use the Elgg plugin SociaLink https://community.elgg.org/plugins/1983786 or https://github.com/ColdTrick/socialink you can make it so that the users register on wordpress and with that account can sign in to Elgg.

• Hi,|You must have read my mind, as last night i installed it  it on Elgg.. and ive installed oauth provider on wordpress.. got the consumer key and secret.. got the elgg login with wordpress link on login, but at this nothing happens.. 

Maybe ive got the proxy info wrong..or the syntax for the wordpress site..

i get no error messages from elgg,. and no indication that a certificate or anything has been issued in wordpress.. 

when i click on the link, it just returns back to the empty elgg login screen.. 

any ideas.

• @dpk888

Hi,|You must have read my mind, as last night i installed it  it on Elgg.. and ive installed oauth provider on wordpress.. got the consumer key and secret.. got the elgg login with wordpress link on login, but at this nothing happens.. 

Maybe ive got the proxy info wrong..or the syntax for the wordpress site..

i get no error messages from elgg,. and no indication that a certificate or anything has been issued in wordpress.. 

when i click on the link, it just returns back to the empty elgg login screen.. 

any ideas.

You entered the WordPress url correclty (so with trailing /)?

you enabled WordPress and WordPress login in the plugin?

• So I amended the url and added another conusmer other than default.. I now get a page asking to allow access to elgg from the appropriate user..(yipee!) , when i click on allow, i get back to the elgg login screen..

i feel we are nearly there... i have enabled the wordpress and wordpress login options..

any other ideas..

• Anyone know how to do this with home made / self created php script ? :(

• I am almost there, i am doing this without api....

but to complete it and to make it secure I have to generate elgg_ts and elgg_token...

Should I use CURL in external page to get elgg_ts and elgg_token? Will it be secure method?

site.com/action/external_login?user_guid=--ELGG_USER_GUID_MATCH_WITH_EXTERNAL_SITE_USER--&__elgg_ts=--NEW_ELGG_TS--&__elgg_token=--NEW_ELGG_TOKEN--

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will for sure add some more variables as security code to prevent hacking.....

Beginning Developers

Beginning Developers

This space is for newcomers, who wish to build a new plugin or to customize an existing one to their liking