Open inviter

Hello,

I'm looking for a great invite system. I came across open invite, maybe there is someone who can look in to creating a plugin for elgg using this script.

http://openinviter.com/index.php

• If I understand correctly then using such 3rd party services would also send the email addresses of everyone you invite to that 3rd party. If that's true, then: why would you want to do that without first asking the people who's email address you're going to give to that 3rd party?

And while asking the invitees for permission to share their email address, why not ask them to join right away instead?

• This service grabs your contacts and sends them an invite mail. This is easier to use than filling mail adresses in by hand. I cant seem to find anything in the code thats sends the adresses to the 3dr party.  Can you look in to that?

• Arjan

well this is how all the socail network have it , ppl import all contact and send invite , it does not need any permission to send email , its like mass invites

• Open source OpenInviter (Open Inviter) is an import contacts (addressbook) script from email providers
    like Rediff, Lycos, Yandex, Mail.com, Yahoo!, OperaMail, Rambler.ru, GMail, Mail.ru, Live / Hotmail,
    GMX.net, KataMail, AOL or content management systems (aka CMS) like Drupal, PunBB, Wordpress, PhpBB,
    SimpleMachines Forum (SMF), Social Engine, JamRoom, Joomla or social portals like Myspace, Facebook,
    Twitter, Friendster, Hi5, Orkut, LinkedIn written in PHP 5 (no database required but cURL OR wget required)
    and running on any webserver (tested on Apache) offering advanced tell a friend features.
    OpenInviter is a self hosted solution that does not use a third party gateway (or API) to import contacts.

(So, no third party of any kind ! And open source; maintained etc.)

It's nice to see Elgg working with Plugins ( http://community.elgg.org/pg/pages/view/74/ ).
    We will investigate how hard is to write the openinviter plugin for Elgg.
  • Ok, we believe we will have a plugin for Elgg as well in the next 2 weeks. Thank you for your interest into our project.

• This is great news! I can't wait to use this plugin.

• Sorry, I was wrong assuming this was some online service (rather than downloadable scripts).

And yes, @bikash, I know many social networks do support importing address books. And I know that the member is too blame to mass share the email addresses, not the site that is allowing to mass invite friends. I don't like that at all though. I think people should not submit other people's email addresses into any site :-(

• Hi OpenInviter

How close are you guys with your plugin?

Regards

• what about implementing openinviter in 1.5?

can any body please do it?