File upload query

I want to know how to increase the maximum alowable file size of an audio or any other file,

suppose i upload a file less then one mb it gets uploaded correctly but when i try to upload a 5-10 mb audio mp3 filesit does not uploads correctly,

can some one resolve this problem i have changed the file upload limit in the php.ini file to 20 mb,

plz resolve this problem as soon as possible

• Hi,

i think you have to change the settings in the .htaccess file of your installation, too:

# php 5, apache 1 and 2
    <IfModule mod_php5.c>
        # default memory limit to 64Mb
        php_value memory_limit 64M
        # to make sure register global is off
        php_value register_globals 0
        # max post size to 8Mb
        php_value post_max_size 8388608
        # upload size limit to 5Mb    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        php_value upload_max_filesize 5242880                            <--# Try to change this entry
        # hide errors, enable only if debug enabled
        php_value display_errors 0
    </IfModule>

• I think the file plugin needs a admin configuration panel to set allowed file types, quota per user and for images the maximum size and a resize on upload.

• Hi guys,

I'm having the same issue. I want DJ's to be able to upload mixes to my website, so it must allow anywhere up to a 150mb upload. Where is the php.ini file? I'm using 1.6.1, and I have the update file plugin installed. I'm slightly new to this, but can do the work if pointed in the correct direction. My htaccess file has the following in it :

<IfModule !mod_rewrite.c>
        # ugly ugly hack to detect missing mod_rewrite
        # RedirectMatch must be to an absolute destination, so forces 500 error...
        RedirectMatch 302 .* index.php
    </IfModule>

# php 4, apache 1.x
    <IfModule mod_php4.c>
    </IfModule>

# php 4, apache 2
    <IfModule sapi_apache2.c>
    </IfModule>

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>

RewriteEngine on

# If Elgg is in a subdirectory on your site, you might need to add a RewriteBase line
    # containing the path from your site root to elgg's root. e.g. If your site is
    # http://example.com/ and Elgg is in http://example.com/sites/elgg/, you might need
    #
    RewriteBase /
    #
    # here, only without the # in front.
    #
    # If you're not running Elgg in a subdirectory on your site, but still getting lots
    # of 404 errors beyond the front page, you could instead try:
    #
    #RewriteBase /

RewriteRule ^action\/([A-Za-z0-9\_\-\/]+)$ engine/handlers/action_handler.php?action=$1

RewriteRule ^export\/([A-Za-z]+)\/([0-9]+)$ services/export/handler.php?view=$1&guid=$2
    RewriteRule ^export\/([A-Za-z]+)\/([0-9]+)\/$ services/export/handler.php?view=$1&guid=$2
    RewriteRule ^export\/([A-Za-z]+)\/([0-9]+)\/([A-Za-z]+)\/([A-Za-z0-9\_]+)\/$ services/export/handler.php?view=$1&guid=$2&type=$3&idname=$4

RewriteRule ^\_css\/css\.css$ _css/css.php

RewriteRule ^pg\/([A-Za-z0-9\_\-]+)\/(.*)$ engine/handlers/pagehandler.php?handler=$1&page=$2
    RewriteRule ^pg\/([A-Za-z0-9\_\-]+)$ engine/handlers/pagehandler.php?handler=$1

RewriteRule xml-rpc.php engine/handlers/xml-rpc_handler.php
    RewriteRule mt/mt-xmlrpc.cgi engine/handlers/xml-rpc_handler.php

RewriteRule ^tag/(.+)/?$ engine/handlers/pagehandler.php?handler=search&page=$1

</IfModule>