Is this possible with Elgg?

I am planning on moving my Drupal-build site to Elgg, and I am wondering if these features can be build using Elgg.

The general idea behind the site is this.

• A surfspot (google-map and more properties like showers yes/no restuarants yes/no)
  • Surfers. (skill level, age and "Local on these surfspots" --> links to Surfspot (groups???)
  • Gear, A surfer has gear wich he/she manages (kite or board, size, serial no., year of purchase..)
  • A surflog. After a session a surfer enters a surflog. Links to a surfspot, and to gear used. More details like, wind strength, wave height, weather. etc.
  • Plan a session, (event?) Enter a planned sesion of a vriend.
  • Overview pages of All session logs, all Gear. , all planned sessions of friends. etc..

I have been strungeling using the "Google-map" and the "Flexgroupprofile" but I am lost.

Any pointer in the right direction anyone??

Thanks a lot from this Elgg newbie

• Just to add that the goal of the form module is to do all the usual stuff through the web, but to provide a simple API to make unusual stuff easy to do as well.

Usually I do the coding of the unusual stuff for paying clients but the API is there for you to use yourself if you like.

• I think that is what I mean. I will look into that function, and see if I can build what I want.

Thanks for your help so far!!

• To make things a bit easier for you, that function just adds to the $form_field_types array, which is defined in mod/form/models/field_types.php.

You will see references to lots of other field views in that file, so you can probably figure out how they work.

• I don't know how to send a private message...

Dus doe ik het maar hier. Ik zie dat je nederlander bent? Tenminste, je domeinnaam is door een Nederlander geregistreerd. Dit praat wat makkelijker. Leuk om te zien dat je ook met Drupal werkt. Ik ben zelf een groot Drupal fan, maar prbeer nu mijn social kitesurf website (www.surflog.nl) eens om te bouwen naar Elgg. Dit zijn mijn eerste ervaring met Elgg, dus het voelt wat onwennig aan allemaal. Bedankt voor je hulp zover!!

Martijn

• Although I do live in the Netherlands, I, sadly, cannot speak Dutch. I just happen to like the country. All my clients are English-speaking (and outside the Netherlands).

I also come froma Drupal background originally and still think that Drupal is a great tool for building general information-oriented websites.