Media embed plugin

Hi all,

We've just released the media embed plugin into SVN at: https://code.elgg.org/extensions/plugins/embed

This is an AJAX tool that allows users to upload and embed files into any longtext text area, and currently works with core Elgg and the TinyMCE plugin (although you will need to take the latest versions of both from SVN).

We're really interested in any feedback you might have. I've also written further development notes over in the development mailing list.

• I downloaded the plugin without difficulty but cannot get it working properly on my test setup.

I have all the latest core code from the svn repository and (like Steve above) have updated the files, tinymce, and embed plugins.

I have tried with up-to-date Safari and Firefox on Mac OS X. I do get the nice Embed / Upload Media dialogue box and can use it successfully to upload files but I cannot embed files in a Blog or Page.

• Also cannot get it working with Opera 9.63 on Mac OS X.

@Steve I can access it trough my webbrowser but to download each file is very difficult.

@Cash I try it once more

• With SVN revision 2698 the tool menu now works.

Embed link and popup appear. I can upload the file, but the image does not embed in text field.

Mac Safari 3 and FF3.

Will test with Linux FF3 when home.

@alfalive--You don't want to use the browser to download. If you can't figure out rapidsvn, perhaps another will be easier. I use a Mac, so I can't give you much guidance, tortoise svn is often used. I have some info on my blog:

http://openedweb.com/blog/2008/10/17/elgg-and-subversion-svn/

Now it works for me too. Many thanks for help!

once more Thanks.

I try to post a comment this url /trunk/mod/groups/topicposts.php?topic=14&group_guid=11

by click on "Embed / upload media" I get this url /trunk/pg/embed/media?internalname=topic_post  this is a new page with headline "

Embed / Upload Media

" with two hyperlinks embed media and upload media but both does not work. By clicking on them nothing happens. Only the url change to this trunk/pg/embed/media?internalname=topic_post#

Elgg version 1.5 from svn but not the latest.

It works with latest trunk from svn.

• @ianf : I had the same problem (possible to upload but not to embed), and I fixed it by moving the "tinymce" plugin at bottom of the plugin list in the "tool administration" page.

• for me the same problem but only for site on online server

i had a 1.5 version in local and all works well.

• I think the plugin can't recognize the MIME type .mpeg and .mpg as video

When I uploaded a pdf file, a category Documents generated. The pdf file belong to this category.

When I uploaded a jpg file, a category Pictures generated. The jpg file belong to this category.

When I uploaded a mpeg file, a category General generated. the mpeg file belong to this category. But I think a category Videos should be generated for the mpeg file.

Am I right?

Thanks!