Plugin Development Needed

I am new to the elgg community and I am not a developer.  I'm looking for someone that has some time to do some plugin development.  I'm intitially looking for someone to take something like Kevin Jardine's "get_multimedia" plugin and configure it to work with my site to upload large video files.  I would like for it to be implemented as a widget and under the tools menu upon activiation.  This should not be too difficult for the level of talent I have witnessed on this site. 

I also need to find a way to not allow some files to be downloaded when uploaded through the file plug-in.

I need this help a.s.a.p.

• I should add this is a paying opportunity.  Please give me a resaonable rate.

• Maybe...

Kevin's "get_multimedia"  -- *is labelled beta 0.5 and He does say --"I am supplying this code as is because several people have asked me for it. It works for me. Unlike my other plugins, I am not supporting this one.." If you read the description - you'll know that "Implementing this plugin requires a dedicated Linux server and considerable technical expertise.."

It is nice that this is posted as a paid project.

Yes -- I believe there is the level of talent on Elgg Community.

My advice is to not expect a quick, easy installl because there's other factors involved beyond the PlugIn itself -- unless some one has already worked intensively with -- eg. ffMeg,  ImageMajick, Linus servers -- whcih can be possibly learnt in a few days -- but for a "professional" realistic project you'll probably want someone with more than a couple of years with php. mySql, Linux,...

Rates ? -- like any other project I have seen for my ## years  wth computing -- can not set in absoulute stone. Whoever you do end up hiring for this project will either grab your server userid & password, not bother you again,work 16-20 hours a day and most likely after 1 - 2 weeks give you exactly what you wanted but did not ask for in so many words.

I "might" "maybe" interested.. but I *will need to understand your requirements in more than the description you have so far given. With my experience,  advice you -- Be serious, do not take the cheapest, quickest.. And think **carefully about the project timeline you have in mind.

Also for me talk in more detail I would like to know yoru location. I have done lots of telecommute projects before,  but... if you're 1-2 hours away from Richmond, VA -- *and I do the work - the procimity is to your benefit.

Let me know your thoughts and if you want to talk more let me know.

• All of the pre-reqs for Kevin's plug-in is already installed on my dedicated server.  FFMpeg and ImagicMagic have already been installed.  I'm actually in Columbia, MD not too, too, far away from Richmond. 

Kevin's plug-in is actually installed but, after activation there is no trace that is on the system.  In order to get to any of the "get_multimedia" pages you actually have to type in the browser http://<domain>/mod/get_multimedia/admin.php   or /upload.php etc..  So what I'm looking for is:

1. After activation a "multimedia" widget should be available to add to profiles
    2. The tools menu should have a "multimedia" or "video wall" page, so there is not need to manually have to type the url in the browser to see the video wall or upload video.  Basically it should behave like every other plugin on my site. 
    3. I want to make sure it works and configured properly allow for uploads that may be large in size.

Pretaining to the file upload issue:

I'm using the "aaudio" plugin by Astharoth that uses the file plugin to upload mp3's.  I want the ability for my users to be able to allow or disallow the download of their mp3's.  Some of my users are artist that can't allow the downloading of their mp3's.  I'll take any advice on this one.

• I have gone over what you've said and want to discuss further - if you'df liek to email me :--

go to this url

http://groups.google.com/groups/profile?hl=en-GB&enc_user=SpTthBYAAADON55h8jKCDu8P8MDdd1S1o4cocwWvDVg2RHsu8f1bCg

where you will somethinig like this --

dhr...@gmail.com

There -- if you click on the "..." --it should allow you oto send me an email.

Regards.

• Okay sending email now

Professional Services

Professional Services

Get / offer professional help on Elgg; like customization, design, development, setup, hosting... Illegal trades are not allowed.