Adding an javascript menu elgg_topbardropdownmenu is not a function

Since 3 days I try to add an javascript menu to my site 1.5 And it doesnt matter what I try jQuerey or YUI Yahoo I get errors like this.
$("ul.topbardropdownmenu").elgg_topbardropdownmenu is not a function $('ul.topbardropdownmenu').elgg_topbardropdownmenu();
and nothing works widgets and so on.

Only what I change is page_elements/header.php I add here for example (script type="text/javascript") and css links. and pageshell/pageshell.php here I add some divs ul and li

Can somebody help me. All what I want is Tabbed javascript menu.

• This is most likely a hosting issue. I had researched this earlier - GoDaddy was causing this on RC2 via not fetching the js scripts at all - problem was fixed in v1.5

• Which vers do you have ?
    • Who is yr Host ?

• Thanks Dhrup it was my localhost on windows xp XAMPP by apache friends.

It works now on my live server.  Without problems. My hoster is in germany www.all-inkl.com

I use 1.5 Finale

• Your home localhost XAMPP -- makes this error strange - because with GioDaddy it was caused by GoDaddy  doing some extras with their mod_security !

Do you see the error message "... is not a function" from FireBug or in Tools Error console ?

When I had first noticed that the js was 'disabled' I had simply done "View Source" - saw that the js code was "supposedly" called - looked into the headers where the js was included --

whoops !
    what I just cut/ paste (from the community) does not look like the correct code !
    On your install - do you see the underlined red code ?
    views/defaults/page_elemnts/header.php should have this --
    • <script type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo $vars['url']; ?>_css/js.php?lastcache=<?php echo $vars['config']->lastcache; ?>&js=initialise_elgg&viewtype=<?php echo $vars['view']; ?>"></script>

• Yes I see this message in firebug.

I see this here

1237735157?js=initialise_elgg&viewtype=default
  • in header.php

delete

/1237754219

then try

or maybe also

try new download Elgg code and see diff in header.php code ;-O

Beginning Developers

Beginning Developers

This space is for newcomers, who wish to build a new plugin or to customize an existing one to their liking