Is there any bugfixed releases of Elgg 1.5?

Is there any bugfixed releases of Elgg 1.5?  Something like 1.5.2
Where can I download it? Or is there no plans to fix 1.5 bugs?
  • "Or is there no plans to fix 1.5 bugs?"

A rather rude and unfair comment, Alfalive, especially given the amount of work that went into Elgg 1.5 to begin with. I think insulting the developers is not a good strategy when using free open source software.

The last SVN commit was made about a week ago and given the hundreds of commits that went into the Elgg 1.5 release, I think that the Curverider team deserve a bit of a break to do some work that might put food on the table. I'm sure more development will happen soon.

As always, you can track every change through SVN or wait until the next release.

• You can get Messages 1.5.1 - that is the official bugfixed messages plugin.

• A rather rude and unfair comment, Alfalive, especially given the amount of work that went into Elgg 1.5 to begin with. I think insulting the developers is not a good strategy when using free open source software.

Sorry I do not want insulting anyone sorry for my post and my bad english. I only want to ask. How is it with versioning in Elgg. For example I know from other projects that they release phpbb 3.0 And then comes 3.03 out for bugfixing. I don't understand quite how do elgg Developers versioning Elgg.

And to Developers my position is. Many many Thanks for this grandious, great work.

• @Gleb L. Where should I download Messages 1.5.1?

here: http://elgg.org/plugins.php is this official site to download?

or here http://community.elgg.org/pg/plugins/costelloc/read/46066/messages

• The second link you write :) I tested it and there are no bugs now. At least I didn't found any.

• The messages plugin that I released is not official.

@alfalive - In the past Elgg has not released often - maybe two months between versions (1.0 -> 1.1 -> 1.2). They don't release minor bug fixes (like a 1.5.1 and so on).

Feedback and Planning

Feedback and Planning

Discussions about the past, present, and future of Elgg and this community site.