Odd Group Problem

On my elgg install I am running 1.5 All standard code

This morning I went to one of my groups - Clicked on Group Discussion and got a blank Page

This was a 1st. 

Decided to do some checking

I have a total of 10 groups on my install

9 of the groups allow me to goto the group discussion tab with no problem.

The other 1 just gives me a blank page.

There is nothing special or different in the group from the other group?

Any idea what could be causing this or what I can do to fix this?

• wPOD sounds cute until you put it next to these.

BSOD (blue screen of death)  RROD (red ring of death) SBBD (spinning beach ball of death) 

• Well deleting and starting over is one thought, but when you have over 1000 users in a group, numerous pages, discussions, help files, posts, blogs, and albums, then this is  pretty drastic, and not really considered a solution but a failure. I want to try to rescue our group.

Dhrup Baning someone is a workaround and is what we are doing at the moment. However if someone wants their account deleted we now have to manually go around the site deleting there content. Also a person may want to delete their account for very valid reasons and cannot resign up with the same email address

Unlike The Father, you can still get  in our group and latest discussions area. You experience the WSOD when you try to enter the full discussion area.

Just to note The members that where deleted from the site did not post the first or last comments in this group. Also to note, we experienced problems with the members plug in after we deleted users in V1.5 and had to turn that off.

• I would delete all annotations owned by the deleted user in the annotation table.

Of course, if you don't happen to know the user guid for the deleted user, then you would need to write some slightly fancy SQL involving a NOT IN subquery I expect.

Something like:

SELECT * FROM elgg_annotations WHERE owner_guid > 1 AND owner_guid NOT IN (SELECT guid FROM elgg_users_entity);

should give you the bad annotations in phpMyAdmin.

So far as I know, only user entities and sites can own annotations.

But as always, back up your database before trying this kind of surgery!

• OK so the bug or whatever you want to call it is fixed

Is there a patch for us pour souls that got caught in it's web to fix our databases

or is there a way to sort this out, as in, is there an upgrade option or any guidance to tell us how to fix it

I'm not really sure where to go from here

Any guidance or sugestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

• May be a better developed GUI in the administration CP (control panel) will list a particular user and his activity on elgg with the options to delete such activity. In case of blog or forum posts/annotations, the admin will sometimes choose not to delete but change the user to something general like "Former Site User" (FSU). Furthermore, this FSU can be investigated to see if content is proper. Inventory list of the FSU should be displayed based on activity dates and action location with the option to delete such activity.

-ahr
    Everything it is possible - we just don't have it yet.