Odd Group Problem

On my elgg install I am running 1.5 All standard code

This morning I went to one of my groups - Clicked on Group Discussion and got a blank Page

This was a 1st. 

Decided to do some checking

I have a total of 10 groups on my install

9 of the groups allow me to goto the group discussion tab with no problem.

The other 1 just gives me a blank page.

There is nothing special or different in the group from the other group?

Any idea what could be causing this or what I can do to fix this?

• What a pain in the ass, is there anyway to kinda recreate the group and then delete the one thats not playing??

• @Chambo - Yes I can do this and recreate all discussions that are in there but Iwas hoping that before I do this I could find an answer to solve the problem in case it happens again down the road. Also I am sure that if a solution is found it will help others like yourself who have had this problem.

• Have you tried removing the group plugin from the mods folder and replacing with a fresh new one?

Ive done the a few times when ive gone a little hack crazy and messed a plugin up

• Y'all

If DELETE USER gives headache - do not delete

BAN USER  => should only set flag to "BANNED"

• Yep, agreed Dhrup, but sometimes deleting just plain feels better lol

• @Father,

Did'ya see Dave Tosh's remark re: bug write-up to TRAC ?

I might do some testing w/ groups/ delete users -- to study what code is executed and what happens to the data / DB... maybe then can see if there's real problem inside the code...

• I'm going to export my database into another install and then run some test on it ?????? If I get anywhere I'll let you know

• There was a user deletion bug as late as Elgg 1.5 RC2, but it should have been fixed for the final code release.

I experimented with deleting users after the deletion fix and had no trouble.

Are you absolutely sure that you are running the Elgg 1.5 FINAL release code?

• OK, I finally managed to reproduce this under Elgg 1.5 final.

The blank page is triggered only if the deleted user had commented on a forum topic.

This is because comments and other annotations owned by a deleted user are not deleted with the user.

I've added it to the tracker:

http://trac.elgg.org/elgg/ticket/957

• @Kevin - Thank You for additionally verifying this for me. I was pretty sure I was correct but lack of feedback from Elgg core contributors really had me wondering.

But keep in mind that in this particular case my problem was that the deleted user had been the 1st one to post a discussion in that particular forum I was having a problem in.

I know that the user I deleted had participated in other forums and when I deleted the user no other forums were affected. Just the one where he started the 1st discussion. So it looks like that the bug may be sporadic. 

Do you have any suggestions on how I can repair the affected forum? Or o I just need to delete the group and start it over again?