Problems with installing Ellg 1.5. in a Subdirectory

Hello,

i have a big problem with installing elgg in a subdirectory on my alfahosting server.

I already followed the steps on elgg's  docs/troubleshooting page, but it couldn't solve my problems.

Firstly i installed Elgg 1.5 in the root, and everything worked perfectly.

Because we need a page before elgg's index site, i tried to move it into a subdirectory, although i changed the paths in the database it didn't work.

I tried now to install a clean, new installation in a subdirectory, but i don't get further than to the frontpage.

If I try to register, i get "Fatal error: Call to undefined function

siteaccess_key_enabled() in /var/www/web248/html/mod/siteaccess/views/

default/account/forms/register.php on line 17"

I've already checked, that mod_rewrite is enabled (and it worked on the root directory anyway).

I tried the 2 options to change the htaccess file (Open up .htaccess in a text editor Where prompted, add a line like RewriteBase /path/to/your/elgg/ installation/ (Don't forget the trailing slash) Save the file and refresh your browser.) No change.

I did the http://docs.elgg.org/wiki/Mod_rewrite_test in my subdirectory, and there i noticed something: when i launched testing.php, it said something like modrewrite.php not found, but when i put modrewrite.php in the root, it worked. can this be connected to my general problem?

The database settings etc. are correct, i checked this and i also tried reinstalling elgg several times.

Has somebody experienced similar problems (maybe with alfahosting)?

Unfortunatly i cannot set "allowrewerite all", would this help?