can not upload an mp3 with file plugin

i can upload any other kind of find.  I checked and size is not the issues.  I can upload a one meg word or jpg just fine.  When I upload a mp3, it writes to the file system with a name 1239401343sept.mp3 (the file was named sept.mp3).  I have tried changing the name of the file to something else like sept.jjj and it still does not write any bits to the file system.  the file size is zero.  Every other kind of file uploads correctly.  There are no spaces in the name...any thoughts...

• figured it out...it was a php configuration issue.  Depending on your hosting service they may have a common php.ini file and upload of course has to be set to on, but the default setting for file upload is 2M.   I have a development server that I use to write apps and host live sites on the excellent Hostmonster.com service.  When I changed the php.ini on my development server it work right off.  I jumped on the the hostmonter cpanel and it allowed me to install a default php.ini for my entire account which I edited and TaDa...problem solved.  Version 1.5 does such a nice job of embedding that if someone has the quicktime plugin installed they can listen to the file right on the page.  Very good for sampling songs or listeing to podcasts of a class.  You can see my previous posts on iRadeo about file based streaming if you need more than that....

Cary

• Hi! Please Cary, can you tell me step by step how you did it? I have the same host (Hostmonster), and same problem uploading files more than 2mb, but I don't get how to install a default.php.ini, how or what it is supossed it to contain. Thanks.

• Finally, I did it. Thanks for giving me the clue.