OpenID show on custom index mini bugfix

openid

fix file /mod/openid_client/views/default/openid_client/forms/login.php

<div id="login-box">
    <form action="<?php echo $vars['url']; ?>mod/openid_client/actions/login.php" method="post">
                            <input type="hidden" name="passthru_url" value="http://<?php echo $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST']. $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'] ?>" />
        <h2><?php echo elgg_echo('openid_client_login_title'); ?></h2>

newedit move line 18 openid title to line 16 after <div id="login-box">  

<div id="login-box">       
<h2><?php echo elgg_echo('openid_client_login_title'); ?></h2>
    <form action="<?php echo $vars['url']; ?>mod/openid_client/actions/login.php" method="post">
                            <input type="hidden" name="passthru_url" value="http://<?php echo $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST']. $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'] ?>" />

openid fix

• @BuBu The latest version of openID (client and server) has been updated in the elgg plugins svn to work (and display) correctly with elgg v1.5+

• Hello!

Where can I find the plugins svn? I want to use Opne ID Client and at the moment, it doen's work, too.

• PS:

My error message is

Exception

2009-06-03 10:19:14 (EDT): "Define Auth_OpenID_RAND_SOURCE as null to continue with an insecure random number generator." in file /home/homebiz/public_html/elgg/mod/openid_client/Auth/OpenID/CryptUtil.php (line 52)

Maybe you have a solution?

• The error message is actually telling you what to do.

OpenID is not supported on systems (like Windows) that do not have good sources of random numbers.

If you read the error message, you will see how to hack it but using such a hack on a production system is strongly discouraged.

• From the filepath in your previous message, it looks like you may be using a Linux or Linux-like system but that you are unable to access /dev/random or /dev/urandom for some reason. Perhaps because your hosting provider has goofed in configuring your account?

• Ok, thank you so far, Kevin!
    I host with a2hosting and didn't find /dev/random or /dev/urandom. But on the other side, I use shared hosting and maybe this function is not available.

So, I will try to find a solution.

• hi kevin,

I am getting the below exception when i am using the open client id plugin on windows environment.

Exception

2010-06-10 12:58:01 (UTC): "Define Auth_OpenID_RAND_SOURCE as null to continue with an insecure random number generator." in file C:\webserver\Apache\Apache2\htdocs\mpediasn\html\mod\openid_client\models\Auth\OpenID\CryptUtil.php (line 56)

can we use the open client id plugin in windows environment and i logged in using live journal id.

One more question is that how to create the login through gmail,yahoomail or hotmail using this plugin

• redirection problem

Please provide missing information

In order to create an account on this site you need to supply a valid email address and your full name. Please enter this information below.

whch email address and name to enter these textboxes...plz explain it..

• @Kevin Jardine i am waiting for your comment.