Theme can not be enabled

Hey Guys,

I'm totally new on Elgg that's why I'm not really into it yet. But I have to say that so far Elgg is just a fantastic Script. I was working with lots of CMSs like Typolight, Wordpress, Drupal... all great Scripts but Elgg has a different concept an fits my needs perfectly.

I've just one problem when getting it started. I can not load themes! After I installed Elgg there's only text shown without any graphics so I thought I have to install a theme first of all. After I uploaded it and went to the Tool Admin the Theme is shown in the list but there's no "Enable" Link like at all the other Plugins. Anyone an idea how to solve this issue? Thanks so far!

Eichi

• Hey Dagorath,

I have to create a directory because the elgg installation folder must not contain the "data" folder. I tried to install it once again now. No errors but the theme is not shown... this is my directory structure now: rootdir/elgg (for the installation) and rootdir/data.

Where do I have to configure elgg to run in a sub-directory? In the .htaccess? The problem is that elgg is running well, just the theme does not/the css is not loaded...

• i have the same issue at elgg.idotter.ch/elgg

1. no css is shown ... where should the css-file be located

2. how to install in root directory when /data shouldn't be in installation path of elgg?

• Hey, Marc - I checked out your site and the css showed up for me.

• to solve the problem of having white screen at admin because of the enabling corrupt theme is to just add an empty folder named disabled in /mod/ .After that go to your admin screen in browser and refresh the browser,the plugins are disabled and u will get the desired admin screen.