uploading issue

Hello can someone take a look at this album and please tell me why and what may be happening

http://goofbucket.com/pg/photos/album/12551/random

if you click and "download" the file image is fine.

Thank you so much

• The album loads.. I click the image.. the image loads with an option to download.. I click download, the image is displayed in the browser. The image doesn't download to my computer, but is just displayed in the browser.. is this what is supposed to happen?

-Carlos

• Don't know that's why I am asking.  Checked the file size and format and they are all the same.  I also check permissions and they are also set public.  As far as supposed to happen I do not think so.

• Well.. my understanding is that the term 'download' is interpreted as an object, like a file, imported and copied onto a local environment, like a computer, or even a terminal in a network. Technically speaking, displaying any web content, including the display of that image in a browser, is considered a download because a cookie is placed and saved in your temp folder, but that is not what the end user considers a download. When downloading something, people generally expect to have the file placed on their hard-drive where they can go and access that at any time. I honestly don't think that what is happening on your site is the download users want. In any case, clicking the download image on that album is useless, it doesn't enlarge the image, and has no effect at all... all it is doing is displaying the same image again.

You want to create the function equavilant to 'right click' on the image, so you can save and keep.. right?

-Carlos

• @Carlos

The Download thos link triggers:-

header("Content-type: $mime");
            if (strpos($mime, "image/")!==false)
                header("Content-Disposition: inline; filename=\"$filename\"");

which will cause the browser to render a display of the image... seems like a bug ;-) to me. I'm am just surprised that *nobody has noticed this or commented for so many months.

Right click "save as" will work..

I just tested this on my plain vanilla Elgg on my PC's localhost.

• The upcoming beta will force a download rather than display inline. We'll see if people prefer that though the current way provides more flexibility.

• I must be missed something.  I don't mind the download version of having the image displayed and a right click for the actual download to the local computer.  The problem I am having is that the images are not displayed in the album.  The user's account album I linked to she has uploaded over 50 images yet only a handful are displayed at best.  I could careless about the download.  The user is questioning why the images are not displayed in thumb nail for viewing and sharing.  I commented on the download because that is the only way to view said image.     http://goofbucket.com/pg/photos/album/12551/random look again and you should see only 4 photo's displayed.  The rest are camera icons.  I checked files are all about the same size and are all the same format.   So if the images are there why are they not displaying??  Was my question.

• Tidypics 1.5 only offered GD image library support. GD is a memory hog and will often fail. The camera image is displayed when the resize function fails (or when the software thinks it will fail).

Tidypics 1.6 will have much more robust GD code to catch errors before they happen and inform the user why. It will also support ImageMagick - a much better image library. Beta for 1.6 is almost ready.

• The camera icons... o no, what a very very bad news for me...

I had created a website with Joomla and Jomsocial, I had several users registered, until one of them tried to upload a big photo of her basket team. It wasn't able to be displayed in any way, I had no available solution, then I saw Elgg and I throw the other whole website out and started again from zero.

Now I can see the nice camera icons instead of the basket team photos.

No comments, I go to sleep after a looong night.

• Well I thought it was something like that because the image did upload.  However, for a point you may wish to know is that if I where to upload a max of 3 at a time things go ok.  In the case of this user they tried a full set each time.  She did report getting an error but could not provide the details of the error.

Thank you for confirming that the error is not specific to my db.  And I did investigate my server unlimited straight across so I did not feel it was coming from there end.

What I am doing until the release of 1.6 is on the backend I will load the users photo's 2 maybe three at a time.  I have ask she keep uploads down to this limit and I will make a site wide announcment of servicing work to the albums.

As for Merce, tidypics is a very good plugin and if I where you I would also backend load your team pics 2 or 3 at a time also if they are large.

Tidypics team thank you for your hard work and responce to my question.  As I said I just needed comfirmation I was not getting a db over run error on the server side.

• Hello,

I like Elgg and I am not going to change again, it has many good qualities. I will wait for the Tidypics coming release.