Pulldown/Radio/checkboxes not saving :/

Hey Kevin,

I went in to edit a forms pulldown, and all my option where wiped - now any form I create with a Pulldown/Radio/checkbox parameter - just doesnt save the options ive entered.

This issue is on a profile form - let me know if there's anything more I can do to help diagnose - im sure this is something I must have done :/

The only change ive made recently is the one specified by yourself here here: http://community.elgg.org/mod/groups/topicposts.php?topic=143049&group_guid=56389

I've made some language file changes also - but not to any of the form plugins.

• Well, i got this resolved with a fresh install but....

Now when i set a field to display in the left column - its not output at all, and within the admin - its setting itself to 'no' - right and bottom are fine?

Any ideas?

• I added a print_r($field->area) to the very bottom of form_set_field_definition() - and its outputting 'Left'.

I cant dig much deeper with my limited knowledge of Elgg - this seems really weird however, really would appreciate an input :)

• This is just a random thought but did you have any special characters in the name of any of your fields? eg:"Wholesale & Supply", the "&" character being a special character.

I know that its possible to use "<p></p>" and other HTML code snippets in your descriptions and titles to make descriptions span over multiple lines (i figured this out by experimenting). This leads me to believe that any text input as descriptions or values in the forms section is sytax sensitive, and any special characters could possibly cause irreversable effects because when the values are returned(even in the forms section) HTML is still reading these special characters and causing erratic output.

I don't know if this is the problem but it might be a clue.

Form and related plugins

Form and related plugins

User-generated content, flexible user and group profiles, registration forms, custom file forms