Elgg Installation / Setup Error.

Hi,
I tried to install Elgg following the documentation. Installation worked. but then i was asked to fill up the system settings. When i did so, i was redirected to /action/systensettings/

which was actually a 404
There's no dir called action in your package. please help.
So installation worked out, But systemsettings dosen't.
Thanks.
  • May i get a reply please?

Elgg gets installed very well, But unable to perform the settings.

It directs to action/systemsettings/install

• Please start by reading the documentation available on this site before posting here:

http://docs.elgg.org/wiki/Install_Troubleshooting

• @Strifex..

Ensure that your elgg script is installed in the correct directory.. a common mistake is that people would upload the script as it is downloaded.. the script comes packed as elgg/elgg/files and firectories.. So, make sure that your script path is correct.

Also, can you confirm that url that you gave above??

action/systemsettings/install or actions/systemsettings/install

Last thing, what happens when you call this url in your browser??

http://sitename/elgg_directory/actions/systemsettings/install.php

- Carlos

• I get a blank page when i try to do so.

I have edited the htaccess file and added this line with my path

RewriteBase /path/to/your/elgg/installation/

I will check for Mod_rewrite now.

• Ok.. and let us know please!

- Carlos

• @ kelvin & carlos

I tried to help StrifeX yesterday, but I too couldn't get through it (although my own installation, done in conjunction with reading the relevant Elgg doc, didn't pose any problem for me). One thing that cropped up in mind while at it, is a question about Prefixes in User Name, Database Name, etc.

Now, all my websites so far been using shared hosting, but StrifeX has a different hosting plan, which she says doesn't need the use of Prefixes; whereas, during the final stage of installation, Elgg asks for it. Are MySql reqirements and/or server procedures differ from plan to plan (e.g. shared and dedicated)?

- Shillo (yours sincerely :)

• I own a fix therefore the admin account's db's do not need any prefix or whatever, Although if i create clients and they create db then their db's would be clientname_dbname.

The issue is not with db. It got installed. I am trying to check, mod_rewrite from my panel and SSH now. I'll post updates soon.

• @ StrifeX

That was a question about clearing my own doubts about Prefixes.

As for mod_rewrite, it's a basic requirement for Elgg. I am surprised that you didn't check it before starting the installation.

• i got it working.

But now i tried to install a theme, and i got this  How can it be uninstalled?

Welcome to Elgg.

skyblue is a misconfigured plugin.

• Folks,  I just finsihed installing Version 1.5 using the Arvixe platform. (actually they installed it) I however run into a problem. I cannot edit my dashboard nor can i configure the personal settings for the tools installed. Can someone please advise.