I Need Someone to Develop an Authentication Plugin

I need someone to develop a plugin for me for authentication of new members to a group.  It may involve a little more than a plugin, but I figured we'd start there.  Contact me if you're a plugin developer or if you know of one.

• Carlos.....you had it right the first post.  Do you know anyone capable of providing me with this solution? 

• Mike... the point both Dhrup and Jed are making, which I would be making now as well, is access and permission, not for the user, but for the admin/moderator... the simple question is: if you will entrust the moderator to generate an authentication code, why not tweak the access level to moderators to actually add the user into the group..??

If you want the entire process to automated, then having the moderator generate that code defeats the automation prupose.

I am very interested in the topic and would monitor to see where it goes.. but surely we need to understand more about the goal you are trying to achieve.

-Carlos

• If you do not have time to approve manually..

how will you have time to send the invites ?

... bit of a paradox ;-(

ps:

have you found any plugin developers yet  ?  or are you blind ? ;-)

• @Carlos well actually that was nearer 40 secs that time :-)

• @Jed

LOLZ... I did not know you used a stop-watch

@Mike

You need to put together a "coherent'" design plan and requirements...

There is still a major paradox -

• Users request membership to a closed group
    • PlugIn kicks in and sends an Auth code to use to join.
    • They are in Group

This is the *same as having the Groups as "Open Groups " ? because there is *no real Group Owner verification !!

• I will generate the code and give it out to the moderators.  I will monitor the codes.  This code will work only one time and give permanent access to the group until the member decides to leave or they get kicked out for some reason.  I am working to create a closed secure network.  The moderator will provide the code to people who sign up for their services.  The moderator does not want these people giving access to the group to their friends and family.  The moderator is providing a service and information through the social network and they do not want an email request or any type of electronic request from people asking to be added to the group because it could be someone that they don't know.  The moderator does not know who's on the other end of that request. 

The moderator meets and speaks to so many people per day they cannot remember them all thus the reason for the code.  If they have a code then that means they are ok to join.  Every person joining will need to have met with the moderator and receieved the code.  Some of the moderators do not own laptops and cannot authorize people to join on the spot and it would take too much of their time to do this onsite.  Maybe I'm looking at this wrong.  But i must say I appreciate the feedback so I can get this done correctly.

• It works like this:

Moderator gives client an access code when they pay for service at office.

The client goes home logs into account

The client then finds the group and clicks join

The client will then be asked for an access code

The client will input the access code

The access code will be verified against a database

If the code is authenticated then they will be joined to the group.

The access code cannot be used a second time

• aahhhh.... now you are talking... and giving away your bisiness plan secrets ;-)

(1)

Generate Lists of Auth Codes to give to your "moderators"  (mind you, Elgg has no way for Admin to choose Group "moderators" yet)

(2)

Moderators "sell" the Group to clients / users

(3)

Users go home with Auth code and click "Join", enter that Auth code and they're in the Group, and that Auth code is killed ( most likely stored as metadata attached to Group )

I'm basically re-wording you requirements within the context of Elgg

• i am salesperson. i am making money with ELGG based on a business model. So are others. At the base, without much effort, using adsense or another ad service is just the tip of the iceburg for making money.

There are lots of reasons to provide the kind of activity Mike wants without being a pyramid scheme. providing the kind of accesss structure he wishes would be useful for letting people into a repository for other files ... maybe he is selling Office templates with really special macro customization, this kind of thing would be right up the alley of why he wants this kind of generation feature... maybe he is building a specialized coding sight to connect together people who provide this kind of product all around and he is enabling groups to be the power house for making money all the way down the line, but there is good reason for this kind thing that has nothing to do with a pyramid scheme.

• LOL.  I'm not running any kind of scheme.  Just to end all speculation what I have a social network that serves the realestate community.  They are wanting to provide a social network environment for their clients for various reasons.  The only thing they will be selling would be homes or renting them.  No gambling, pyramid schemes, etc....  I do not participate in that kind of stuff.  But I can see how you could jump to conclusions.  I'm new to this forum and to Elgg and this is all I knew to do to get help developing a plugin.  How does one get to know all of the serious plugin developers?  Help me out here :-)