After upgrade 1.5 to 1.6, some, 10%, of users lost their profile photo :(

On test server upgrade to 1.6 went fine. On production we have problem that some - we dont know how many, maybe 10%, lost their avatar/photo!

Strange is that these people still show in the list of latest users, but now with the dummy profile photo and, normally it shows only people with a photo. So, the system still know these people have a photo, but Elgg just can not find it anymore. Further, if user upload a new photo, the old photo shows again instead of the new one! No photo upload is possible...

We lost ideas... anybody ??

Note: this discussion was reposted ... as for some reason, others could not see the discussion...might have been access, but could not change that

• @Brett, I am coming from elgg v1.0. so will there be a solution for old elggers like us also regarding the dots in username?

• @Tom -- Sorry...misread.  I'm not comfortable with rewriting the data on the fly and I don't think many Elgg administrators would be because it takes control from the admin running a single command to an unknown number of possibly anonymous users running an unknown number of commands.  The difference is that anonymous users won't realize there is an upgrade happening and might cancel or restart the request halfway through....Bad stuff...

@prem -- Looking at the old releases of Elgg is one of the things that made me think we should push the fix into 1.7.  The resolution will make it not matter what the login name is (though it will be restricted to alpha-numerics).

• We still have this issue. Was thinking, would it be possible to execute this script one by one by just selecting a user? In that way it does not run for long time over the database. We simply enter a user name and the script moves the data of that user only. One by one, we can check if it works... You think we could rewrite the script if it cant do it now?