Anyone using 000webhost or Zymic as their host for their Elgg sites?

If you have elgg successfully installed on either host, how did you do it? On 000webhost, I can't get my site running because of some line in the htaccess I can't figure out. And in Zymic, when I click save on the install.php page, it would go right into a 404 error page. I need help please.

• @Cim,

If you want to get decent answers, you'll have to spend more effort in the description of the error - as if we're looking over your shoulder. a "404" could be caused internally by anything.. Are you running with those hosts on their free service or paid, etc, etc and tech details..

• thank you for yoru response dhrup, if you are willing to sign up for a free account on either or both websites and install elgg on them then you will see what i'm talking about. on the 000webhost site, the contents inside the .htaccess are conflicting with the servers for some reason and it won't install it properly. if you don't delete the .htaccess file, it will redirect you to a forbidden or not found page.

i don't know what's going on anymore.

• Hi,

Have you tried disabling the analytics code? To disable it, type this in you browser's address bar members.000webhost.com/analytics.php

• free account-! that most likely explains problem - generally free hosters do not give you you much power for you install things like Elgg - why don't you ask with them about hosting elgg with it's own htaccess ?

• i gave up on those sites

• A free host that was able to install and run elgg is byethost.com here is where I tested everything before moving on to a paid host. Ironically the Piad hosting service is giving me an error and I can't install elgg (all requirements are met, but no progress).

• juser, i went with justhost.com and it fits my needs because for 8 dollars a month, they give me unlimited everything. even though there's no such thing as unlimited space and bandwidth, i went with them because it made me feel better to know that i have unlimited space lol

• I am having the same problem with Zymic as well. I have posted a topic on their support forum and awaiting an answer.