Private groups join/leave issue

) User joins a private group and is accepted.

2) User has access to all "pages" that have been entered to that group. Prior to joining the group, these pages were not visible in the user's pages menu.

3) User leave the group.

4) User still have access to all the pages that were part of that group. Further, all "new" pages that are entered to that private group are available to that user even though he/she no longer belongs to the group.

I have not tested to see if this is true for other elements, like files, etc. I've so far only find it for pages. I'll eventualyl have more details about the other elements in time.

• Found this is true for public as well as private groups, but is more important in private because if someone is allowed to join the private group, and then later is blackballed for any reason and must leave the group, he/she will continue to get al the group pages (which by the way I just verified is true for files as well as pages). Thus, if someone leaves the group and the members don't realize the person is still getting the files and pages, something confidential could be said in the private group that would be broadcast back to the user that is no longer allowed in the private group. See the problem?

• I find that all files, as well as pages, are being delivered to users that becomes a friend and removes that friendship - afterwards.

1) User becomes a friend with another

2) User now has access to all that friends pages, files, etc.

3) User removes that friendship.

4) Even though the user is no longer a friend, he still has access to all the files and pages that belong to that friend. He did not use to before he was a friend.

This is also true for groups. Before the user was a friend, he/she did not have access to pages and files within the group that belongs to a friend. Once they befriend each other, then they have access to each others files. If a user removes a friend, he/she still has access to all the files in the group that belong to that friend.

In summary- the thing that appears to be odd about all this is that once someone either befriends each other or joins a group - once they leave the group or remove the friend, they still have access to all the files that they didn't use to, and further, they also have access to new files that are created. It appears Remove doesn't really remove.

Feedback and Planning

Feedback and Planning

Discussions about the past, present, and future of Elgg and this community site.