1.7 roadmap

Already being worked on:

• watermarking
  • better uploading
  • slideshow

We will also be releasing a plugin that demonstrates how Tidypics can be skinned. (Don't look for anything for the next few weeks.)

We're also considering album sorting and image cropping.

What else would you like to see here?

• Thanks for all the feedback.

@it is on ! - how would you like CC licensing to work? Users select a license when creating/updating an album? Individual image licensing? What sort of admin controls? Where should the CC link be?

• a similar way to flickr where you could decide that all photos are under a license of your choosing. then each photos should be over-ridable to whatever license or just ©

does the license go in the meta of the photos? so these images could be found using a Creative Commons websearch?

and perhaps some watermark integration (this would be good for spreading the word on CC)

admin controls would just be to trun the function of / off (eg. would you like your users to have to option of CC licences for their photos)

CC link : where the links are underneath currently for "Tag this photo"  "Download image" (also within lightbox)

thank you.

• i just thought of something else. when the uploading is done it would be good to have a choice to use the current names of the files. i often have them already named and exported with good titles. 
    • if it could pull other metadata too it would be handy.
    • ability to upload a folder of files as an album?

• i just thought of something else. when the uploading is done it would be good to have a choice to use the current names of the files. i often have them already named and exported with good titles.

This is good idea.

And is it already done? http://code.google.com/p/tidypics/source/detail?r=366

• Just curious - any timeframe for the release of 1.7 with watermarking?  I hadn't really considered a need for watermarking until a recent request for this feature in a project I'm working on.  I mentioned the possibility and now they are becoming rather insistant about it as a feature.  Is there any way to get a pre-release version that might demonstrate this?

Thanks for all the hard work...it's appreciated!

• I would rather have the ability to sort photos/rearrange the and photo to album reassignment.  I know it's been mentioned but put my vote in for that.

Also make the image go to the next image by clicking on it like other big networking sites instead of expanding the size. Give us the ability to make the size shown the largest size that will fit your theme's design.

• What would be cool is giving the user the ability to create a profile picture from a photo.

• Congratulations on the new Slide show, next maybe indevidual images also get displayed in cooliris?

the watermarking does not do well with dark backgrounds though.

• Does anyone know if its possible to have cooliris play music or something in the background?

Would it not be awesome if users could upload tunes to play along there albums.

anyway once again, awesome work everyone.