Whats being done

Ok so we have added video in the river and now we are tweaking the auto refresh so that you can actually watch the video..

This is also one of the things that is being worked out so that commenting will work properly. So hopefully we can get the commenting features released soon.

• fixed the on/off select for ad blocks not saving...   dont know what i was thinking when i wrote those lines....

here is the fix..  In riverdashboard/views/default/settings/riverdashboard/edit.php

line 36 should look like this:

</script>";

replace lines 49 -53 with this:

<?php echo elgg_echo('riverdashboard:settings:topad'); ?><br />
            <select name="params[show_topads]">
                    <option value="yes" <?php if ($vars['entity']->show_topads == 'yes') echo " selected=\"yes\" "; ?>><?php echo elgg_echo('option:yes'); ?></option>
                    <option value="no" <?php if ($vars['entity']->show_topads != 'yes') echo " selected=\"yes\" "; ?>><?php echo elgg_echo('option:no'); ?></option>
                    </select>

replace lines 70 -74 with this:

<?php echo elgg_echo('riverdashboard:settings:leftad'); ?><br />
            <select name="params[show_leftads]">
                    <option value="yes" <?php if ($vars['entity']->show_leftads == 'yes') echo " selected=\"yes\" "; ?>><?php echo elgg_echo('option:yes'); ?></option>
                    <option value="no" <?php if ($vars['entity']->show_leftads != 'yes') echo " selected=\"yes\" "; ?>><?php echo elgg_echo('option:no'); ?></option>
                    </select>

replace lines 133 - 137 with this:

<?php echo elgg_echo('riverdashboard:settings:rightad'); ?><br />
            <select name="params[show_rightads]">
                    <option value="yes" <?php if ($vars['entity']->show_rightads == 'yes') echo " selected=\"yes\" "; ?>><?php echo elgg_echo('option:yes'); ?></option>
                    <option value="no" <?php if ($vars['entity']->show_rightads != 'yes') echo " selected=\"yes\" "; ?>><?php echo elgg_echo('option:no'); ?></option>
                    </select>

• Events widget has been added.

• Added a widget for tidypics and also added a feed that users can input the feed they want on their dashboard.

• Over the last few days I have had the pleasure of working with this wonderful plugin and @fusion it's developer.  @fusion has been there at the drop of a dime to help with integrating it into goofbucket . com.  We have found many issues with the site and it's hosting while working with the plugin.  After addressing these issues the plugin charges on, providing better content access by 100%.

I have been lucky enough to get a sneak peak at the dashboard feeds and found it to be a wonderful addition to what I think is a quantum leap for the riverdashboard.   User's now have much more control from more access points right on the riverdashboard.  

The next version may well be the best thing to happen to elgg since tidypic's and izap video.  From working with elgg since 12-08-08, I have seen many plugins come and go; mainly do to being under supported, however @fusion works tirelessly to bring the best possible riverdashboard.  This effort has brought to elgg a great developer and superb plugin.  Thank you @fusion for your hard work and dedication. 

• @ carter..  Just posting up what ive been doing. those things will be in the next release.

@ goofbucket..  thank you for the very kind words.

• Great Fusion. I am anxiously waiting for the next release with more controls and bug fixes with ads (or in my case I would like to put more information there, like todays cartoon and other html snippets off web). I would also like to have more controls over which widget goes into dashboard in addition to what already is there.

I second what goodbucket have said. This riverdashboard is dashing and the person behind the creation is a God gifted man with super abilities to transform things and help others when they need it.

Thank you for your great work for us dummies and experts alike out there. You the best ma man.

• @carter..  you can put pretty much what you want in those ad boxes, doesnt have to be ads... you may need to remove the sponsors line from the file itself and turn off htmlawed if thats affecting the code entered.  I myself have put various different things in the boxes while testing with no issues.

• You the best. Thanks for the tip. It did work and now "sponsor" is gone and codes stay saved in the boxes, after I turned off the htmlawed.

However, elsewhere I read turning htmlawed off would result in users adding any kind of html code to phish passwords and or other malicious stuff.

How much truth is in that thought?