Dates fail to post correctly

I am using elgg 1.61, added group calendar and added a couple of dates from both the personal and group areas with same results.

I have setup all the information including the start date. Hit save and see the new calendar post afterwards but notice date is way off. Then I loose the ability to see the event afer I navigate away from the original posting.

The conformation event post returns...

The even time is correct but the event date is always DEC 31 1969. so ofcourse no date ever show up in calendar.

When: 1:00, 31 Dec 1969

Venue: test2

Fees: tes2

Organiser: test2

Tags: test2

test2

I also tried to search out the database to see if I could physically change the dates but am unable to find the data in plane text form.

I have moved the plugin up and down my installed list to no advail. Does anyone have a sql query script that I can use to pull all the event data from DB ?

Anyone have a fix on how to get date to show correctly?

• "Dec 31 1969" ( or rather Jan 1 1970)  is the start of the Unix Epoch Calendar -- this means yr dates are ==> zero ;-( somewhere there the date value which you input is being lost. I not quite elggspertz w/ Kev's Event Calendar PlugIn.

• He is using a Jscript to build the calendar chooser, The date chooser is working (allows) me to nav to a date and then places date in date form field) But hit save and blink it's gone. I am very new to the dtat layouts and how enties are tied to actual data.I have a faily small database, searching on the year failed, I am guessing that  he maybe storing date as epoch instead of a free date format (mmddyyyy/yyyymmdd)?

Hmmm...  How can I find the data in the DB knowing the GUID of the entiy? What would I be looking for and how would be the best way to troubleshoot the date being returned to the engine?

• This problem been discussed several times before on this group. You are almost certainly using another plugin that interferes with the event calendar's date picker. Turn that other plugin off and the event calendar should work properly.

Read the other discussions in this group for more information.

• Kevin,

As a developer I to sometime over simplify problems that I fully understand to other who do not, thus I understand your response. You mentioned that the problem has been discussed many times before in this group. I found 2 instances and neither provide a clear understanding of the problem or any idea how to go about repairing. I know the plugin works as I used it during demo with out issue. Since this is my first project using elgg SE I may appear to be "lazy" in my troubleshooting efforts but actually I am on unfulmilar ground with the data structure and storage processes which forces me to ask seemingly stupid questions. 

Out of 16 discussions there are 2 report I was able to find on this subject, if there is other areas or forums that may have good information on this issue I would welcome the URLs.

Created 11 days ago with 1 posts
    Last comment 11 days ago by Tom

Started by Tom: Datepicker issues

Second report I found,

Created 36 days ago with 19 posts
    Last comment 18 hours ago by Cubert

Started by antifmradio: Event not showing? anywhere

The first talks about a new datepicker, Tried this and failed.... no change. The second I am not sure what he finally did. He had a Ah hahaha moment but failed to post the enlightenment. They talked a bit abot the date configuration but from what I have tried it has no effect on this issue as upon a save the date from the "Start date" field fails to save it's date format correctly. Now I am not sure if that is due to no date being set from form or if it is not the correct format when stored at the data base level.
    From what is returned I can assume that it is getting Epoch Start date from some where whether it is a default value if no value exists or if that is what is actually saved to database. I have no clue referring to my previous comment where I am confused about the data structure some what and my ability to confirm what data was saved..
    If it is just a plugin......
    I will setup and test a duplicate of my site and start killing plugins and moving stuff around until there is either a fix stumbled on or all plugin are gone and am left with a empty haul. I am posting my Plugin list in the order it currently is, my next post will be based on this list and it's order as it is now. If it is a plugin on my list doing it I will be reveiled here....
    Here is my plugin list and in it's current order,

event_calendar
    groupmembers
    chat
    customindex
    OLC (Site template)
    pages