Having an issue with single email validation

I'm experiencing an issue with one potential subscriber.  Others have been able to join and become validated, no problem.  But this one member did not receive a validation email.  The user does not exist in the user admin section, yet the email address is not allowed to be used again, as this person attempted to re-register. I have sent email to, and received email from the address that is attampting to be used, so I know it's a good one.  My question is this: can the validation email be resent? If not, is there a way to clear out the unvailidated email address from the system in order to support another attempt at re-registration?

• Sometimes e-mail gets filtered as spam, so make sure that the new subscriber looks for it.  (Some companies install spam filters at their e-mail gateways, so it may not even reach the user.)

I don't think Elgg has the UI for you to resend a confirmation request.  On the other hand, you can just confirm the e-mail with an URL like this:

http://host/.../action/email/confirm?u=guid&c=code

Where guid is the GUID of the new user, and code is the confirmation code.  You can find the GUID from elggusers_entity table (e.g. "SELECT guid FROM elggusers_entity WHERE email='....'").  As for the value for code, take a look at uservalidationbyemail_generate_code() in mod/uservalidationbyemail/start.php.

You may also just change the email of the failed registration to something that won't conflict, so that the user can retry.  If you also change the username, then the subscriber doesn't need to come up with a new name.  (For example, "UPDATE elggusers_entity SET username='**DEFUNCT guid**', email='**DEFUNCT guid**' WHERE email='...'".  Note that valid username cannot contain space, so '**DEFUNCT guid**' should not conflict with valid users'.)

I've found it useful to configure the e-mail system on an Elgg server to keep a copy of all e-mail sent, for situations like this.

• Apparently there's now a plugin to take care of your problem:

http://community.elgg.org/tag/simpleusermanagement