FBFKids.com

Woodward, Goofers..

you make feel a little bad re: my 'bragging" about FBFK ;-) @ 22974 right now !!!

I'm just starting this little topic for all to come moan about their 50 - 100 userbase ;-(

NOW: SERIOUS STUFF::=

There are many theories on how to attract a large userbase to a social networking website. I bellieve that FBFK's "success" is a coincidence, a social black hole that was filled up initially purely accidently to keep MJ's 5-yr old off the other FB !!.. if you could only read how MJ has explained privately to me.. about how FBFK started...

Have a read thru these --

Much good reading, esp the second one by Ben from a while back, before he left Elgg.com

My small points are that a Social Network will not attract a userbase just because I have created it using Elgg (or whatever) as a super-duper pkg with oodles of neat plugins !!! A social networking site will only be "successfull" when it satisfies a certain "hunger" people have for "something" on the internet. And that hunger is *not to simply be a user on an Elgg (or other)  SocNet web-site.

That hunger is a far more personal and human psychology factor. Why do we go to bars ? Why do we join Tennis Clubs ? Why do we join dance clubs ? Why did we join this Elgg community ? Humans need to communicate their thoughts, feelings, sometime just have a need to to another human person...

Am I making this too heavy and academic ?

A successful social web site depends on a lot of **human factors, not just software and plugins alone.. That is one reason there are so many $5 hosting accounts owned by those who think they will be the next Facebook or Myspace, while the hosts are making $5 x NNNNN per month ;-)