problem with viewing changes (maybe cache?)

i changes things in the custom index, changed the spotlight area text and more.

i cant see the changes on the site.

i disabled simple cache and cleard the views_simplecache folder but no help.

what can i do to see changes i've made?

• sometimes to view changes, depending on what they are, you need to go into admin and move one of your plugins up or down, dont matter which one just move one of them then look for your change, if that dont work try running www.yoursitename.com/upgrade.php   after both of those if you dont see your change it prob means you either changed the wrong file or something especially if your working with a template, you need to make sure you change the template files...

what i like to do is after i move one of my plugins i check it on a dif browser, thats easier for me and i know i get fresh content.

• oh great, i was using a template and didnt know they actualy replicated all files and i need to work on them.

i can se changes now that i changed the template files.

thanks!

• now if i want to add something to the custom_index, from what i know i need to add a code in new_index.php file, which i found in the template canvas folder, and i need to add code in an index.php file that originaly is in the custom_index folder.

in the template folders i cant find this file.

what should i do?

• punt !! lol   if the file is not there in your theme section or in a mod plugin folder then its in the core someplace, depending on the plugin your running youll have to do some digging.  u do know there is a elgg/views/default right.

• lol

cant find it. its weird. in the custom_index there is a file i need to change in order to add plugins to the front page.
    if i make the changes in the mod folder, nothing happens, because i use a template.
    but in the template folders, this file doesnt exist.
    what am i suppose to do? :)

• and you have looked here mod/yourthemename/views/default/canvas/layouts/new_index.php

• yes, this file is there.

but to see the changes, normaly, there is another file t change: index.php in custom_index folder.

its not there. where do i add this:

//last fotos
      $photos = list_entities('object','image',0,4,false, false, false);

if not there?