Fatal Error?

This is the message I got: Fatal error: Call to a member function getURL() on a non-object in /home/...    /mod/pages/views/default/pages/pageprofile.php on line 76 

I'm baffled totally now and don't know what to do next. Thanks for any help.

I think I'm really going to need friends here if I plan to use this for my site. ;)

• Sounds like either:

a. you have a bad plugin installed interfering with the getURL function, or

b. you have a corrupted database and the last revision of the page you are attempting to view was edited by a user account that no longer exists in your database.

You haven't been altering your database through PhpMyAdmin or some other way than through the Elgg interface have you?

What version of Elgg are you running?

• Apparently it is the plugin and not the database because it happened after I enabled the file (file browser plugin) I disabled it and got no errors while creating a page as a user. I enabled it again and still got no errors but I can't get a picture to embed. The message says click on any file to embed in page but when I click on the picture nothing happens.

I am very new at this and two things I have to have if I am going to use it are image uploads and adsense integration which is why I'm trying to get the image upload to work before I really know what I'm doing.

I am running Release - 1.6.1, Version - 2009072201 and I have not been altering the database although as I said I don't think the database was the problem.

Thanks

• What do you do to get the fatal error message to appear?

• I can't get it to appear again since I uninstalled and reinstalled the plugin so everything seems ok but I don't know how to get rid of the page I did create with that error on it.  If you happen to feel like coming to play with me I'm at http://animalinterwebs.com  The page in question is PanamaReds page one 

• This error means either 1) your page does not have an owner in the database (it is set to 0) or 2) the owner no longer exists.

Number 2 can only occur if you delete a user and something goes wrong in the delete process (it should have deleted the page that belonged to the user).

Number 1 should not happen. Maybe it might happen if the server crashes during a write operation.

Neither one of these should be common occurrences.

• Well it may not be common because it hasn't happened again. No user was removed. (This happened in  fact with my first and then only user).

I'm going to assume it won't happen again and forget about it EXCEPT that I need to get rid of the page that shows only the error.

• When you view the page, you should see a URL like this: http://community.elgg.org/pg/pages/view/418128/

That number on the end is a unique ID for the page called GUID. You can use that number to delete the page in two ways. One is to go into the database and delete the entry in the entities and object_entities tables with that GUID. If you're not use to working with databases, not recommended. The other option is to use the GUIDtool to find the page entity and delete it. The plugin is here: http://community.elgg.org/pg/plugins/uddhavadasa/read/384797/guid-tool  You'll want to select browse GUIDs and then click the delete link on the correct GUID.

• Thanks Cash. I actually removed the user and that got rid of the page. I was afraid to do that since it was my first user and ended up being my admin but I added an admin before deleting him and it all worked out. (I had to re-enable all my plugins which seemed odd.) I'm fumbling around, getting used to it and making it work. The software itself seems quite good. Although I've had a couple of breath stopping moments everything has resolved fairly easily.  What I'm having a harder time with is trying to make design modifications.  I'm ok with HTML but sneaking it in between the php is a challenge.  I haven't done any work like this in a few years and it's really compelling - but exhausting.