Lost all profile / group images after upgrading

Hi,

After upgrading Elgg to 1.7 every members profile image and every group image has been reset to the ugly default image. Does anyone know how to fix this?

• @ksr_a This is an old thread and it doesn't look like Dan is around any more.

Have you confirmed that the data directory isn't using the new structure?  There are other possible reasons (.htaccess changes) that are easier to fix before trying to run upgrades manually.

• Hello All,

we recently upgraded to 1.7 but  have few issues.

only  few user profile images  and group images are  visible and remiaing show default images.

data directory is using the new structure and users have there profile images and there group images in the data directory.

Thanks

Srini

• @Srini R - Did you upgrade the .htaccess file?

• @ Brett

yes i did copy the latest htaccess_dist to .htacces

• Hello all,
    We upgraded to 1.7 on dev
    only  few user profile images  and group images are  visible and remiaing show default images.

data directory is using the new structure and users have there profile images and there group images in the data directory.

here are the steps i followed for the upgrade .

1. initially took db back up from the production  after disabling the simple cache.

2. updated the dev environment with the latest 1.7.1 code and upgraded .htaccess file

3. restored the latesest db from prod to dev

4 and ran the sql script

select distinct s1.string from elgg_metastrings s1 join elgg_metadata m on (s1.id = m.value_id) join elgg_metastrings s2 on (s2.id = m.name_id and s2.string ="filestore::dir_root");

updated the metastrings output to match the latest data folder copied from the prod.

ran http://your-elgg-site-URL/upgrade.php

all images were missing .

ran - http://kuevo.com/updatefix.php.txt to change the data directory structure to 1.7 

few images showed up and remaining were showing default images.

i really  appreciate your help to fix this issue.

Thanks

Srini