Elgg couldn't connect to the database using the given credentials.

I guess i messed up my database info, or something.  But I cant get the install file to give me another shot at redoing the database login info. please help

Todd

• in your engines folder, there's a file called settings.example.php. go ahead and rename that to settings.php. change this part of the of the file, remember to leave the ' symbols alone. edit what's in between them

// Database username

$CONFIG->dbuser = '{{CONFIG_DBUSER}}';  <--- your database username

// Database password

$CONFIG->dbpass = '{{CONFIG_DBPASS}}'; <--- password you chose

// Database name

$CONFIG->dbname = '{{CONFIG_DBNAME}}'; <--- your database name

// Database server

// (For most configurations, you can leave this as 'localhost')

$CONFIG->dbhost = 'localhost'; <--- i changed it to localhost, most likely it'll be localhost so just leave it

// Database table prefix

// If you're sharing a database with other applications, you will want to use this

// to differentiate Elgg's tables.

$CONFIG->dbprefix = '{{CONFIG_DBPREFIX}}'; <--- for example yoursite_elgg prefix

hope that helps a bit

• You could also remove the engine/settings.php file if you'd rather have the installer do it for you.  This bug has been corrected for 1.7.1.

• ty so much...cant believe i tripped and fell on the first step of install...lol

• Now if I can only get the program to communicate with my database I will have step one completed.  Im such a noob

• I guess I should ask if doing this on godaddy is actually going to happen?

• There have been quite a few comments about GoDaddy here that search should turn up.  It seems a decent number of people are using them...

• @w

ask your godaddy tech support for the dbhost name for you..

• thank you...been trying to find the hostname.  seems elgg and godaddy have different meanings for things.

• i dont have anything for the elgg prefix line...any suggestions?

• I'd keep it as default of "elgg_" for simplicity's sake.