Time session

Hello,

I'm trying to change the session time on my 1.6.1 version of elgg, but I can't. I tried to change the php.ini file, the httpd.conf file, add a line at the top of the start.php file of the engine folder, and I tried to add a line to the .htaccess file.

I did those changes one by one, but it doesn't work, so i did those changes all in one try, but doesn't work too. 

Does anyone has a idea in order to resole that ?

Benoit

• Benoit - vous remercier Mister Cash, qui est trop jeune et a affiché seulement 2 petits commentaires LOLZ ;-) And so you mean you followed my correct advice and it works ok for you now ?

• Il faut toujours remercier même ceux qui ont contribuer à peine ^^

So, I changed the save_path and it seems to work. I confess that I saw this possibility before, but I didn't expect that was this line the problem. But, I changed the session.gc_maxlifetime, divisor, probability. I take some days in order to be sure that these modifications are really functionnals.

Thanks again Dhruva (and Cash ^^)

Benoit 

• Un vent souffle juste à travers la terre de Elgg ;-)

• Hello all

I have the same change (session time) to do to my elgg. I'm not totally comfortable with those .htaccess so could you tell me where I should write thos magic lines? At the beginning? Anywhere?

Should it be in the php.ini file of my server?

Thank you

• @Quentin..

didja not read b4...  Un vent souffle juste à travers la terre de Elgg ;-) The answer has been given ALREADY MAN !

• @ Dhruva

Yes I did. Carefully. But still not sure about where I should write those few lines. is it in php.ini or in .htacess .

Having read the whole thread, it stays not clear to me, sorry if I'm being stupid here, I'm new at elgg development (and at web development).

So please, is it in php.ini ? In .htaccess ?

• Hello, 

These lines should be written in the php.ini file, which contain all configs of php. Feel free to ask questions ^^ I started coding ELGG a month ago, so I know how you feel ^^

Dhruva, vous êtes un peu susceptible ^^ Si vous continuez, les gens ne viendront plus sur ELGG,  le grand méchant Dhruva ^^

Benoit

• Update :

This solution causes some problems. Actually, after altered these lines, I was be able to access to phpmyadmin. It was, I think, because of the management of the sessions. 

So, I try to change the engine/start.php. I'm in test phase. I'll be back to give you informations about that.