Thumbnails

Hi everyone!!!

I have a problem with Plugin "File", because it doesn't create Thumbnails when uploading an image. I don't know why it doesn't work. I have an Elgg site installed in Localhost which works fine, but it doesn't in my server.

So, when I upload an image in the server, there is no icon for images (like unknown type file). I can click this icon, and I see the full image in the browser. But there arent thumbnails while surfing the site. Original image exists in data folder (after upload), but thumbnails don't.

I have tested /mod/file/actions/upload.php file, and any thumbnails are created because get_resized_image_from_existing_file function returns FALSE.

In Localhost, it works fine (thumbnails can be seen fine). All files are the same in Localhost and the server. So, I don't know if it is a problem of permissions, or what. Can anyone help me?

Thanks!

Jesus

• server probably has a problem with the GD library or some type of permissions issue

• Any idea to solve it? How can I check that all the permissions, users and groups directories configurations are right?

• I'm debugging this error. I have found that thumbnails aren't created because

is_callable($load_function) with $load_function='imagecreatefromjpeg' RETURNS FALSE

in function get_resized_image_from_existing_file(....)

in file: /engine/lib/filestore.php

So, now I'm not sure if this error is related with some permission issue. It's strange because it works fine at Localhost (files are exactly the same). Any idea?

Thanks! :-)

• As Cash said, the error is related to the GD library.  Elgg requires the GD library for PHP to be installed and working in order to create thumbnails.  If you're on shared hosting you'll need to ask your provider to enable it for you.  If you have VPS or dedicated you'll need to enable it yourself.  Since it's different for each type of server, Google can help with that...