Message Board widget problem

Facing a problem while developing in elgg1.7 and testing in Mozilla browser.

I am new to elgg and PHP. I am facing the below problem regarding message board. Can anybody please help?

a) When I have added the Message Board widget in User Profile, the Post It button does not work and it is not pointing to any action. However when I click the View All link and go to another page, add the relevant message and click on Post It button - the message is posted.

Can you please let me know if there is a solution so that the Post It button in my profile widget works?

b) Through Admin login I have enabled the message board and provided it as a default widget to my users. However when the users login they are neither able to view the Message board widget nor they are able to get any option from Edit page option.

• On the profile page, the button is ajax based so if there is something that is messing with javascript the post button will stop working. From the details that you have given, that is my best guess.

The default widgets are added to profiles when a user is created. If the accounts existed before you added the widget to the default profile, it is not added.

• Many thanks Cash for your prompt response.

For issue 1: Any pointers to any file which I can check, debug and try?

• The usual culprit in javascript problems is a theme or plugin that overrides the header and includes the wrong jquery name.  Do you have any javascript errors you can share?

• Thanks Brett!!

Well the Javascript error is :

Line: 16075704

Char: 38

Error: Expected ')'

Code:0

URL: http://localhost/pg/profile/maddy

(Note: maddy is the username)

Can you please let me know which file I can check? Thanks in advance!!

• @Mainak

You gave a link that is on your local machine.

• @GMA

Thanks!!!

Agree , I am using it on my local system and deploying in the WAMP server....but how does matter? This should still work - isn't it? Can you please tell me which file I can check?

• I have re-purposed the messageboard widget to allow users to review other users with comments. I am having an issue though, I only want the posting user and the admin to be able to delete posts, not the person whose page is being posted on.

Anyone know how I can do that?

Thanks for any help-

Jesse