uservalidationbyemail plugin - works well, but ...

uservalidationbyemail plugin - works well, but if disabled I cannot validate accounts.

I mean, I would prefer to take the risk and not validate emails for my customers.

That is why, I disabled this plugin.

I was expecting  users to be able to register accounts, but they cannot without to have the plugin enabled and without they receiving an email and confirm the registration.

I see in the Administration pannel (statistics):

Number of users : 1 Active / 2 Total

However, in the Administration pannel - User Administration I see only a user (admin).

How can I do an work-around to:

- not requiring email verification

- user after registration to be allowed to enter the site without any approval from an administrator

- after registration, I would like the user to remain logged in (this is optional). 

• If I am understanding correctly... sounds like you disabled the plugin before your other user tried to validate.

Back up your DB and find out the non-admin user's guid by checking you users_entity table and make sure. Then you could try running these queries:

UPDATE `db_users_entity` SET `banned` = 'no' WHERE `guid` = x

UPDATE `db_elggentities` SET `enabled` = 'yes' WHERE `guid` = x

Just rememeber to replace "db_" with your db prefix and "x" with the missing user's guid. Good luck.

• No, just I do not want to use this plugin and  have users be able to register and open accounts without other formalities (either to be carried out by them or by an administrator).

I need to let users register freely and after they submit the registration form, to be able to enter the site with their credentials without to be requested to click a link / confirm anything. 

• There is the site access plugin for this, just do a googling. :)

• The problem is that if I want to avoid user confirmation and I disable the mentioned plugin, there is no other way for users to get registered. The user can fill in the registration form (he/she is requested to provide an email address, which is good), but the process is then ended. The statistics show an additional user, therefore in the database the user was created, but nobody can make that account active (I would expect the account become active instantly after user pushes the register button). Also, the admin cannot activate the account afterwards.

Googling (after "elgg.org plugin user registration") I found something else:

http://terrywassall.org/2009/11/13/elgg-tweak-disabling-user-registration/ 

• I have been deeply digged into the issue and I have discovered that somebody else had the same issue:

http://community.elgg.org/mod/groups/topicposts.php?topic=482754&group_guid=179063

• Digging: it seems the answer is:

Plugin: 

Site Access 2.6. With uservalidationbyemail plugin disabled

AND

Replacinge the code on line 347 to fix the automatic enabling of accounts:

if (($user) && ($user instanceof ElggUser) && (get_plugin_setting('autoactivate', 'siteaccess') == 'no')) { 

I am going to test it.

• Gabriel, site access by Udhhava (compatible with 1.7.1) and simpleuseradministration plugin can help you.

• Really? I am going to start follow your advice.

Thanks a lot Team Webgalli for your input to my problem. Highly appreciate it.

:)

• Plugin:

simpleusermanagement

Tested, it does what it says.

The plugin can be used to see (by admin) not active users. So, this is covered.

Combined with "uservalidationbyemail" it can even send Reactivation link to customer.

However, the plugin still does not cover the need to skip this step of activation (I mean I want to let users be activated once they submit the registration button - without the need for activating account - meaning to do the activation automatically once they are registered - no other intervention from admin or from user)

• Site access plugin will do that part.