New release 0.83

A number of people have asked for a list of upcoming events that does not use the monthly calendar, and here it is!

There are also a few bug fixes as described below.

From the Change log:

Fixed a bug that prevented region filtering with embedded blanks from working properly (thanks Patrick!).

Added a new paged view for events (not month specific) that allows adding/removing events to a calendar with one click.

Fixed some issues with the personal event calendar widget.

• Thanks for the plugin Kevin. It's the crucial component I need to build a useful site.

I have a couple of additions I would really like to see:

1. Time - there is another plugin that adds event times to the plugin, but it doesn't appear to work at present

2. A calendar view that shows what days have events - it would be amazing if a day with an event was in BOLD or something like that, so that users could quickly glance at the calendar page and see when events were coming up. Also, the ability to click on specific day and add an event on that day would be amazing.

Any advice you could give me on these additions would be amazing. I am trying to build a network and this is the last jigsaw piece to perfection.

Best

• gold - if you look at the plugin configuration for the event calendar (on the tools admin page) you will see that the event calendar has many, many options. One of these is times. You just need to turn it on.

The second feature doesn't exist yet and will have to wait until it is funded by one of my clients.

• Hi Kevin,

I may not understand how the calendar works i guess, but i'm trying to use the site-wide event calendar, and adding events as admin only.  I'd like the users to be able to add the event calendar widget to their dashboard so they can easily see site-wide events.  It seems the only event calendar widget they can add to dashboard is the personal event calendar.  

Or - is it possible to force all site-wide calendar events to appear in everyone's personal event calendar?

My client is going to have users that mainly log into the site to see updated content from the admin, and i don't think many users will use the personal event calendar.

Thanks for any advice.

• Leee - users have to explicitly add site events to their personal calendars. They are not added automatically (unless the user was the one who created the event).

There is a plugin setting to automatically add group events if the user is a member of that group.

• Kevin

The manifest.xml file for release 0.83 contains <field key="version" value="0.8" />.  Is this a typo or have I downloaded an older plugin?

• nescient - Nah, I just forgot to update the file.

• I have battled with this a bit, but still can not get this view to look right.

Does anyone else have layout issues?

imageimage

• I have the same error code than JuanUjin

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'AND v.string <= 2588400) OR ( v2.string >= AND v2.string <= 2588400) OR (v.stri' at line 1

QUERY: SELECT count(distinct e.guid) as total from elgg_entities e JOIN elgg_metadata m on e.guid = m.entity_guid JOIN elgg_metadata m2 on e.guid = m2.entity_guid JOIN elgg_metastrings v on v.id = m.value_id JOIN elgg_metastrings v2 on v2.id = m2.value_id where e.type='object' and e.subtype=12 and m.name_id='183' and m2.name_id='187' and ((v.string >= AND v.string <= 2588400) OR ( v2.string >= AND v2.string <= 2588400) OR (v.string <= AND v2.string >= ) OR ( v2.string <= 2588400 AND v2.string >= 2588400)) and e.site_guid = 1 and ( (1 = 1) and e.enabled='yes') and ( (1 = 1) and m.enabled='yes') and ( (1 = 1) and m2.enabled='yes')

I am the administrator of my server.

What information do you need for help me (and others who will have the same problem in the futur...)

I have a debian etch, but i don't think it is important.

May be there is a library needed of a config in php or mysql config.

EDIT : my mysql server version : 5.0.32

Thanks

• I'm getting the same database error as the others. Running this over at HostGator on a linux server.