Plugin help - how to change text color??

I installed elgg and have been having trouble trying to change the text color on widgets like "the wire" , "blog posts" etc.

The problem is, the mod I'm using has a white background for those areas, but the text is also white so I can't see it.

This is the elgg link to the mod: http://community.elgg.org/pg/plugins/elggdesign/read/516905/simple-dark-theme-with-menu

This is the current link to my elgg site: http://www.dontsnooze.com/f12/elgg/

I've been in and out of css files for a few days and am wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction.

I also sent the developer a message but haven't received a response.

As i was writing this i found another css.php file in the dark folder. I'll try some more trial and error editting but if anyone has any ideas it would be much appreciated!

Thanks

• thats the file "another css.php file in the dark folder"

• You will need to make sure your file caches are turned off while you edit,and most of the changes will be from your main css file elgg>views>default>css.php if you are using the default theme

• sorry,I didn't notice you were using another theme

• Thanks for the quick responses.

@patriot: How do i turn my file caches off? I looked around the admin panel but am not seeing it.

There are 3 css.php files in the dark theme

./dark/views/default/css.php
    ./dark/views/default/custom_index/css.php
    ./dark/views/default/blog/css.php

I've tried editting css.php in the default folder, but it seems I am seeing no changes at all, or maybe I am not making the correct changes in the correct locations? Not sure.... I'll try the blog and custom_index css.php files tonight and report back.

If you guys find anything pleaase let me know.

• I haven't used the template. But in my understanding, the changes ought to take place on ./dark/views/default/css.php

After you modify any css.php file, run the upgrade script to make the changes appear.

Upgrade script: http://SITEURL/upgrade.php

If you'd like to know the CSS classes of an element, using Firebug could be useful.

• @Shouvik:  Ahhh thanks I did not know about the upgrade script. i'll go back and start trial and error again from the beginning and also give Firebug a try

• Finally got it working. Thanks all for the help! the upgrade script was what I was missing. Firebug was also a nice helper, just verified what I thought from the beginning (that the style i was supposed to be editting was collapsable_box_content)

For anyone else who may be having this same problem:

I edited the file: ./dark/views/default/css.php 

.collapsable_box_content {
            padding: 10px 0 10px 0;
            margin:0;
            height:auto;
    color:#fff;
            -moz-border-radius-bottomleft:8px;
            -moz-border-radius-bottomright:8px;
            -webkit-border-bottom-right-radius:8px;
            -webkit-border-bottom-left-radius:8px;
            border-left: 1px dashed #3C90B8;
            border-right: 1px dashed #3C90B8;
            border-bottom: 1px dashed #3C90B8;
    }

I changed the color to #000000; so it now reads:

.collapsable_box_content {
            padding: 10px 0 10px 0;
            margin:0;
            height:auto;
    color:#000000;
            -moz-border-radius-bottomleft:8px;
            -moz-border-radius-bottomright:8px;
            -webkit-border-bottom-right-radius:8px;
            -webkit-border-bottom-left-radius:8px;
            border-left: 1px dashed #3C90B8;
            border-right: 1px dashed #3C90B8;
            border-bottom: 1px dashed #3C90B8;
    }

Then I ran the upgrade script. Text color worked.