Error ... what happened? What is the solution?

All,

All of a sudden, some of our groups are giving the following error message.

File profile/tiny.jpg (0) is missing an owner!

What gives? Any solution to this? I hope so. (fingers crossed)

Regards,

Bill

• Yes, but not a user that created those groups. Nor do I think was a member of those groups. Hopefully this is not a "completely hosed" situation.

• yepperz - little bug in code, been talked abt much for months.. not *ever delete users until elgg code is fixed, situn maybe hosed 100% until more and more and more users are added, then maybe prob goes outtasite... try adding more more users to that group and see.

• OK, here is my workaround, and it appears to work. Let's HOPE.

I looked at the table (elgggroups_entity), and identified all the groups. Fortunately, I have only 19.

Then, I did the following query

SELECT *
    FROM `elggentity_relationships`
    WHERE guid_two = XX
    ORDER BY `guid_one` ASC
    LIMIT 0 , 300

I replaced XX with the group GUID identified in the elgggroups_entity file.

Then, I looked at the query results for guid_one point to a user that no longer exists. The user guids are in the elggusers_entity table. It was manual. If my SQL was better, I am sure I could create a join, and identify them easier. But, I works.

• Funny.. I was 1/2 jokingly telling you u were 100% hosed. Seems you know your code and mysql stuff enuff.. great job, man. You're of the first ever since Dec 2008 to be able to take my "cryptic" help comments and run with it. You earned respect from "Best of the Best". The rest usually just complain and whine. Not worry re: sql joins b/c yr prob fixed. I might later look at re-doing yr code using joins to make it smoother.

Cheers
    D.C.

• Dhrup - if you have had the answer to this problem for the last year and you haven't shared but told cryptic clues such as 'you are 100% hosed' then that is not such a fantastic recommendation for the self styled 'best of the best'....

Or maybe I am just tired and missed the humour(?)

• there's been many **free*** posts re: this prob.. This guy Bill took my "cryptic": solution  and *made it work for real -- he undertands php code --  why cant you do the same ?: lolz ;-)

• I hadn't actually noticed the problem, and I'm guessing that Bill just ignored your post and examined the code...

Point being - *why* be cryptic or misleading? Are you selling the info to those who can't work it out for themselves?

• @JimBob

why argue so much ? Bill knew when I asked "you deleted a user?" He did not ignore my comment because is exactly what his problem was and so could fix it quicker than 1 years wait. lolz, get a sense f humor.

sell the info ? nope ! 40% of my "clients" *are for $0 cost, wanna meet them ?