Messageboard to River

with the Messageboard mod enabled, is there a way to have the actual messageboard post appear in the river, rather than 'A' posted on 'B's' messageboard?

I think this would be extremely valuable for users to create more content with less jumping around, especially with mods like rivercomments.

I've looked into the create and add files but haven't found a way to display the actual comment in the river.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Tri

• You called it a "quick change"...you're making it sound so easy. This doesn't feel like a broken wiper or an oil change...it's a stalled engine, I've gotten so far but now I'm on the side of the road and I need to get it moving. By not receiving help I bet a lot of people would abandon it. I wonder how many people abandon elgg? If someone could lend a hand it would be nice so I can get back on track.

• Rather, so we all can get back on track.

• It is a quick change and easy. For someone who knows what they are doing.

Your Elgg isn't stalled, it is working as intended. You just want it to do more than it was originally programmed to do.

Now you expect others who have spent years learning to code and understand programming languages to upgrade your Elgg for you. Out of the kindness of their heart. Sorry, I give a lot of help here. I've pretty much told you what needs to be done. I won't hold your hand and step you through it. I get paid for that...

• i may be off topic but --
    when i started with elgg abt mid 2008, i got 0% help
    when i do post problems for help (which i've done a few times) i get no answers ;-(
    i have not abandoned elgg even now.. 
    elgg has my 100% attention
    hope that gives you some ideas 
    on how to be self-motivated rather waiting for manna

• thanks D- I'm sorry you haven't received answers- my impression was that this area is what that was for

• RPG thanks for the tips

• The funny thing is, I hadn't fixed this on my Elgg.

Until now. :)

• Isn't it funny that TriOut gave you that idea? Since he gave you something aren't you going to give him the code in return?

• LMAO!

No.

Ideas are free. It's what you can do with those ideas that makes money.

And besides, I just did exactly what I already told him to do...

• wow. I guess we should ditch discussions and just full throttle figure it out ourselves- better than people taking our ideas and not being decent enough to return the favor. I'll be safe and try what D said. Better than making other people rich.