Elgg 1.7.2 has been released.

Read the details on the blog.  Download and try it yourself.

• @lionly

I did try the plugin_manager plugin but took it out as the 'drag bar' on the left was missing and I couldn't get the drag and drop to work.This was a day or two before I encountered the issues with the plugin list.

the behaviour is not always the same..

I have completely removed the last few plugins I installed and then attempted to re-install 'calendar' and am still seing the red error.

Sometimes after making a further change to another plugin I will see a green 'ok' message for one of the plugins that the system didn't like, yet the plugin is still not enabled.

another glitch I saw a few times was that a whole bunch of plugins would disable at once after attempting to enable one of the plugins that produced a red message.. then, on reloading the page, they would be re-enabled.

I understand that the plugins have a programmatic order of some kind.. I'm not yet sure of the details of what that effects; is there a url for a page that decribes 'best practise' for working with the plugin list as it is?

thanks

• Without the plugin manager it shouldn't happen (shouldn't be possible) to enable/disable more than one plugin at once. At least if you don't click on enable/disable all plugins but that's surely not what happens.

The plugin order surely is relevant for some plugins. But this should mainly affect the functionality of these plugins and not the procedure of activating or deactivating them. A general advice regarding the plugin ordering is quite difficult. The farther at the bottom a plugin is the higher it's priority. The core plugins should be at the top of the list. Apart from that the install instructions for each plugin might give some further advice. Best practice is to install only 1 plugin at once and to check for possible side effects before continuing.

The chaotic behaviour you observe might be a browser issue. Maybe you can try another browser to see if it works better (Firefox, Chrome, Opera). Are you sure that you disabled the plugin manager before you removed it? I would suggest to disable all non core plugins and the enable all other plugins once at a time to see what's causing the problem.

• I have now tested it with Chromium browser and the issue remains the same.

have also disabled all plugins and then attempted to just load in some of the one s which throw the error and the error is still produced.

perhaps there is a log file I can look at that will give more information?

• Okay... wait a second... just for clarification: you get the "Misconfigured plugin" error each time when trying to enable some specific plugins and not on enabling other plugins? Are you sure that you copied the files of these plugins correctly to the mod directory? Do you see see the plugin folder in the mod directory and the plugin's start.php and manifest.xml directly in the plugin's folder? If you see yet another subdirectory in the plugin folder that contains the files this is the reasons for the error.

http://docs.elgg.org/wiki/Misconfigured_plugin_error

I don't think that this error is written to any log files. But you can check the php error log (if it's separate) and the apache error log (which might also contain the php errors).

• @lionly

Yes, the folder structure is correct on my machine.. i.e. /mod/plugin/start.php

Just tried another new plugin, still the same result with the misconfigured plugin error msg.

I opened the apache error log and found:

23:11:57 (BST): "file_get_contents(/var/www/elggnew/elgg172/mod/riverlinks/manifest.xml): failed to open stream: Permission denied" in file /var/www/elggnew/elgg172/engine/lib/plugins.php (line 329), referer: http://elgg172.localhost/pg/admin/plugins

(riverlinks was the last plugin I attempted to install)..

So it seems there is a permissions issue on my machine with 'some' plugins.. !?

When I look at the permissions values for the files/folders in this plugin I see my own username as folder owner and read & write access is enabled, 'group' and 'others' are set to read-only..

I'm pretty new to linux/unix permissions so it wouldn't suprise me if I have got something set innappropriately somewhere, not sure where though.. any ideas?

thanks

• aha! I noticed that the folder settings were not set correctly on the plugins that don't install..

the 'group' - 'folder access' setting was blank.. setting it to 'access files' recursively through sub folders/files has allowed me to install the plugins without error! :)

Am I correct in thinking that for some reason these plugins have been uploaded to the plugin repository with innappropriate folder access permissions? or am I missing something?
    cheers

• I just found that all paragraph spacing and url links have been removed from all our pages and discussions. Even when I edit any of them to put the spaces between paragraphs and the links back in, as soon as I press save, they are all removed. I have not checked further yet, for other formating, and will do so, but I wanted to get this out here and see what others are experiencing. Will report back more as I understand it. Tidy pics retains the paragraphs.

• Yep, don't know why, but ALL html is being stripped from pages, discussion, etc. If I edit it in, it's stripped out, every time. I'm trying to narrow it down to a paricular plugin. This is happening on our test site and on both of our production sites.

• Found the problem. It's izap video 3.6.2b. -- izap video 3.7b has problems with elgg 1.7.2, so we reverted back to 3.6.2b and this is what is causing all html to be stripped from pages, etc. Tomorrow I am going to try 3.6.1b and see how that works. For the moment, neither 3.7b or 3.6.2b work with elgg 1.7.2. Got my fingers crossed 3.6.1b will work. I understand that there is a fix for 3.7b, but I don't know when they will release 3.7.1b. I'll report back on 3.6.1b when I have a chance to try it tomorrow.

• IZap  HtmlAwed lolz not mix ?
    Send "vehement"  complaints to IZap !
    He shud notta have coded those extra htmlawed rules

Feedback and Planning

Feedback and Planning

Discussions about the past, present, and future of Elgg and this community site.