Elgg 1.7.2 has been released.

Read the details on the blog.  Download and try it yourself.

• The upgrade does not require any changes to the .htaccess. It should not make a difference.

• Clarification - Running the upgrade.php script doesn't require change to .htaccess.  1.7.2 does require the changes.

• Also, I've updated the blog post to stress updating .htaccess.

• Upgrade went with no major issues. Great job guys.

• I am doing the Updgrade right now and hope all goes well.

• WOW I have this that showed up the Upgrade too a LONG time to finish and failed the first time... Now the site loaded up but this shows up:

DatabaseException

There were a number of issues: Duplicate column name 'time_created'

QUERY: ALTER TABLE `elgg_entity_relationships` ADD COLUMN `time_created` int(11) NOT NULL AFTER `guid_two`;;

Help!

• Open up your database, find the datalists table and set version to 2010062401

Then run the upgrade again.

It would also be great to know what you mean by the upgrade failed. Did you stop waiting for it to finish? Did a red error message pop up?

• Well I had to run the upgrade twice failed first time had 500 Error then second time i did work. The site seems to be working ok I did not make any changes just seen what you said about the database.

• I did some really bad modifing to get a few things to show up on the very front main Page if your not LOGGED in. I put the FeedJit Live Traffic Feed widget and a Ping.FM pop out window thing and also a few sharing counter buttons. I just put this into the Facebook Connect plugin. Now is there a better way to do this?? It might not look the greatest but I am trying to add things to the very main front page. If you have any advice that would be great I am getting a head ache already trying to figure how to make the site look better. As for SEO stuff it was missing a needed <h1> Tag so I had to make one in the Footer.

• @soldierone - those are topics for a different thread. You just want to make sure that the version field says 2010071002 in your database in the datalists table.

Feedback and Planning

Feedback and Planning

Discussions about the past, present, and future of Elgg and this community site.