index problem

as you can see...http://uazpeitia.byethost4.com/elgg/ .... I have two index pages... I only want to use the upper one and preventing to see the other. I use custom index from peesco...

could anybody help me? ty!

• Zumpy, probably your page handler loads two pages in start.php. You have to place return true; after displaying index page. You can also use vazco_mainpage plugin.

• I have changed to your plugin and same occurs (apart of, I don't know why the second column does not fit and goes down :(

my start.php is:

<?php
        /**
         * Elgg customindex plugin
         * This plugin substitutes the frontpage with a custom one
         * @package Customdash
         * @license http://www.gnu.org/licenses/old-licenses/gpl-2.0.html GNU Public License version 2
         * @author Boris Glumpler
         * @copyright Boris Glumpler 2008
         * @link /travel-junkie.com
         */

function customindex_init() {

register_plugin_hook('index','system','new_index');
            extend_view('metatags','customindex/metatags');
            extend_view('css','customindex/css');

}

function new_index() {

if (!@include_once(dirname(dirname(__FILE__))) . "/customindex/index.php") return false;
            return true;
        }

register_elgg_event_handler('init','system','customindex_init');
    ?>

I have changed to return true, quit the second return etc...

(I use this custom because your mainpage gave me the same thing and I thought it was the pluggins fault)...

• If you use a non-core plugin that creates an index page (for example vazco_mainpage), you have to disable Elgg's core customindex plugin.

• Zumpy, as iionly mentioned, if you use vazco_mainpage, disabling custom_index will solve the problem.

In newer versions of vazco_mainpage, the problem won't appear even if you have both plugins enabled. Unfortunately, in older version available at elgg.org you have to manually disable custom_index plugin.

• Zumy,if you've changed anything in the css file of custom index then you shoud change the same css values in your theme custom_index directory(mod/your theme/views/default/custom_index/css.php) with the same css setup. Make sure you have made the right changes in both places.

• I don't know what's happening because I tried disabling custom index, Moving them up and down in the list...and the same occurs, y have two dammed index! I only want onexdddd how can I force the disabling of one of those indexes???

ty!

1. Copy a fresh copy of the Elgg code over your install
    2. Disable all third party plugins
    3. Start enabling them one at a time
  • Or maybe try to disable simplecache and filepath cache temporarily, then disable the core customindex plugin. Still two indexes? If you disable the non-core plugin that creates the index, what happens? Maybe even some some other non-core plugin interferes here. As Cash suggested try to disable them one at a time - with caching disabled - to figure out the origin of this issue.