The Wire just updated Twitter

Posted to The Wire about 30 minutes ago, and it hit Twitter.

I'm running Elgg 1.7.3, which does not have OAuth. Has anyone else running <1.7.4 with the Wire Twitterservice enabled seen this?

• I just updated my site to 1.7.4

Happily posted to The Wire. Nothing appeared on Twitter. Checked my Settings > Configure Your Tools > Authorize (my site to access Twitter account). Took me to a page saying:

Woah there!
    *This page is no longer valid. It looks like someone already used the
    token information you provided. Please return to the site that sent
    you to this page and try again … it was probably an honest mistake.

From Googling, it would be seem to be Twitter issue, not an Elgg issue. Can anyone confirm? OR can anyone use The Wire to post to Twitter now?

• I have set up Twitter and my Wire posts goes through. No problems with set up.

• @Stephen I have exactly the same problem. Did you find a work around for this?

Thanks!

• @Stephen - Either your callback URL on the Twitter app page is wrong or your API keys in Elgg's Twitter admin are wrong.

For OAuth to work correctly, there are important changes you have to make to your Elgg site, your Twitter application settings, and your Twitter connections.  Here are the instructions for the Elgg Admin and standard Elgg users.  For those having the "whoa" problem, especially check the callback URL on Twitter's side and the API keys on Elgg's admin side.

• @Brett,

My apologies. I later did RTFM, and got it working, and neglected to update this thread. Very sorry; I really do not want to waste your time.

@Alberto

Like Brett says, there are some changes needed to make it work, which he linked. As I recall, these changes are a one-time, site-wide notification/connection/authorization to Twitter. Of course, each individual user then has to connect to/authorize his/her own Twitter account.

• In my case I omitted one step in the set up: the registration of the tool in twitter! :o) I followed the instructions step by step and now it works with no modifications needed (1.7.4). Thanks for the help!