Ajax problem

Respected developers,

i have installed three plugins

1. profile manager
  2. delete me
  3. Elgg devolper tools

after installing these all ajax related plugins are behaving strange way. for example if you do a rating with fivestar rating plugin, rating saves only after reloading the page. also posting message in message borad view after reloaing page. Like setting saves likes only after we reload the page.

After disabling the plugin also problem exits.

please do the needful.. thank you for your help

• Dear friends,

if i empty data in elgg_entity_subtypes this problem is solved. but site becomes emply all data in site lost. But in admin statics page few things are showing , groups, album, and rest all has vanished like blogs, plugin setting annoucements, questions etc...

is there any way to update the statitics from database.

• I am getting a error is that problem with server?

ERROR

The requested URL could not be retrieved

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://anushaktinagar.net/pg/expages/read/analytics/

The following error was encountered:

• Zero Sized Reply

Squid did not receive any data for this request.

Your cache administrator is webmaster.

Generated Fri, 26 Nov 2010 02:18:04 GMT by sv23.byethost23.org (squid/2.7.STABLE9)

• does any one tell me what are the important database tables which are need for users and all site data.

• also i have another problem while deleting message from message box its shows error message

Not Found

The requested URL /mod/messages/inbox/Thuvalpakshi was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

url is this http://anushaktinagar.net/mod/messages/inbox/Thuvalpakshi?offset=

anyone any idea?

• At this point your installation is messed up.  Delete the entire installation, drop the databases, download the latest version of Elgg, and start again.  Check the Installation Docs and be sure to follow them.  Do not edit any databases manually.

Before adding any custom plugins, see if Elgg works.  If it does, add one plugin at a time and then check that all your site is working.

It looks like you might be on cheap or free hosting.  If that's the case, you may run into numerous other problems because of server configuration.  If you just want to try Elgg, I recommending installing it to your local machine first.

• thank you very much Brett for your reply

to start again problem is there 'coz there are more than 400 members and there are lot of datas. if I start it agin how can i import those? is there any plugin to import data from old installation?

I am using byethost hosting.

thank you very much for ur help and advice

• Learn ;-) a little more about server layouts, maybe some php, etc
    Use PhpMyAdmin to EXPORT your database to have  a backup. (Just in case)
    SAVE your engine/settings.php file
    DELETE all the Elgg code
    RELOAD new Elgg code
    REPLACE your engine/settings.php file.
    The site should come back to life.

• I have done all this things before. site is working now, but problem is with the ajax submission through out the site. if any plugin is using a ajax submission like 5 star rating plugin, rating is saved only after page reaload. this was not before,

some thing is there in database which is creating problem. i tried even import of database, after import same broblem starts.

• You shouldn't be using elgg_developer_tools on a production site.  Have you tried disabling that, then hitting upgrade.php?

• yes i disbled it and tried many times. still there is problem

any way i have just disabled some plugins like messageboard, php chat, elggman and elgg chat which are the main users of ajax. Also i did a small change in feedback plugin so that it shows feedback posted.

I have a doubt is it possible to replace new installed database table "elgg_users_entity" with the old one? will it show same members there also?