Counting views

Hi all, I'm working on counting total views of blog posts but my coding seems to be missing something. Can anyone shed some light on the issue?

$blogs = elgg_get_entities(array('types' => 'object','subtypes' => 'blog', 'limit' => 10, 'owner_guid' => $user_id));

if($blogs){

foreach($blogs as $blog){

$count_annotations = $blog->countAnnotations("blogview"); 

}}

$total_views = array_sum(array($blogs->$count_annotations));

I'm sure it's something obvious, but I can't see what's not working properly. The output is 0, but on my test site the blog posts do have at least 10 views combined.

EDIT: Sorry I should have mentioned, what I'm trying to do is get the total count of the views for all of his blog posts. So example is below:

Blog post 1 (Views 5)
Blog post 2 (Views 8)
Blog post 3 (Views 12)

Total_views = 25

• If you're trying to get the number of times the blog post has been viewed (looked at) by users -> this is not stored any where.

• Nope, I've already created the annotation called blogviews which is working fine.

The count for each individual blog post is working fine, I'm having trouble combining all the counts together into a total blogviews count for each user of his blog posts.

• This is the coding to annotate the blogs:

$page_owner = page_owner_entity();

$current_count = $vars['entity']->getAnnotations("blogview");

if(!$current_count){

$vars['entity']->annotate('blogview', 1, 2);

} else {

$updateable = true;

if(isloggedin()){

if(get_loggedin_user()->getGUID() == $page_owner->getGUID()){

// dont count own profile visits

$updateable = false;

}

}

if($updateable){

update_annotation($current_count[0]->id,  "blogview", ($current_count[0]->value + 1), $current_count[0]->value_type,$current_count[0]->owner_guid, $current_count[0]->access_id); 

}

• Would like a profile view counter, do we have one? It shouldn't count your own views...

• This is the code taken from profile_counter plugin (provided with old 3column riverdashboard) and the above code does not count your own views.