Guidance needed on Splitting the registration page into 2

Hi,

Could anyone point me into the right direction of how to modify my registration page to be 2 coloumns rather than 1? I was thinking of 1 side being the registration details etc and the right side just being some text information. I'm not to adept at php but I can easily add stuff or modify things given the right code.

I'm Running the latest elgg release 1.7.6 and siteaccess plugin!

Thanks for your time ;)

Regards,

Adam

• Hi! In order to do that, please follow this guide:

First, open the “register.php” file which is located in “views\default\account\forms\”.

Then, locate this chunk of code:

<div id=”register-box”>
    <h2><?php echo elgg_echo(‘register’); ?></h2>
    <?php echo elgg_view(‘input/form’, array(‘action’ => “{$vars['url']}action/register”, ‘body’ => $form_body)) ?>
    </div>

<div id=”register-box”><h2><?php echo elgg_echo(‘register’); ?></h2><?php echo elgg_view(‘input/form’, array(‘action’ => “{$vars['url']}action/register”, ‘body’ => $form_body)) ?></div>

Above that line of code, put this:

<div style=”width:400px;float:right;border:dotted cyan 2px; ” >

Replace me with any content you want to put here!!

</div>

And just replace that sentence with anything you want, and you’re done. Put pictures, news, terms of use, anything you want! It will be placed right next to the registration form.

Source: Here!

Rodolfo Hernandez
    Arvixe/Elgg Community Liaison

• Thanks. That's great. I've adapted it to work with Kevin Jardine's Flexreg replacement for the standard register.php that will be in mod\flexreg\views\default\account\forms\ if you have it installed.

You need to put it above the line

$content = '<div id="register-box">';

and use php:

echo "<div style='width:400px;float:right;border:dotted cyan 2px; ' >";

echo "Replace me with any content you want to put here!!";

echo "</div>";

• @rjcalifornia Thank you for your support

• its actually not working :-/ even after running upgrade.php it doesnt display the text 'Replace me with any content you want to put here!!' which I left in to test...

• sorry my mistake for siteaccess users its in /mod/siteaccess/views/default/account/forms/register.php

• @rjcalifornia: please what about adding more fileds like 'date of birth' and 'sex' in the registration form.

• plugin custom reg with plugin

profile manager

take a look, you might like

• @kxx4 Use this plugin to add custom fields to the profile (Such as date of birth and gender)

@djSupport ok, no problem, any time =)

Rodolfo Hernandez
    Arvixe/Elgg Community Liaison