Upgraded to 1.7.6 and River DashBoard Not Functioning

Hello Folks,

I've recently upgraded from Elgg 1.7.1 to 1.7.6

There are few problems but the biggest one that I need to deal with right now is the fact that the RiverDashBoard is not functioning.

I am using the Core RiverDashBoard plugin that came bundled with 1.7.6 and all I get is a white screen with some text on it. 

I've tried deleting the folder and re-uploading it and clearing my cache but to no avail.

I've basically disabled any non-core plugin to see if there was some conflict and this has not helped.

Any ideas would be great.

Thanks in advance.

• You're welcome. Keep us updated.

There are some new security things on 1.7.6 so it is strongly recommended that you upgrade to 1.7.6

Rodolfo Hernandez

Arvixe/Elgg Community Liaison

• Hello Folks, 

I've been waiting for 1.7.7 to come online so that I can upgrade my ELGG installation which is still suffering from a few strange behaviors since I posted my original questions here.

My Server Administrator has looked at my database and it is in fact properly upgraded to 1.7.6

However, he did find numerous files which did not seem to copy over properly and he thinks this might indeed be the root of the problem.

I've basically been waiting to do yet another upgrade to see if it will fix some of the strange behaviors.

Question #1 In the ELGG instructions it recommends to disable ONLY NON-CORE pluggins. However: many seem to also recommend that I disable ALL of my plugins when I do an upgrade just in case.

Please: What is the correct action to be taken here?

Question #2 What can I do to ensure that don't get a 'hybrid' or 'chimera' site again? What additional precautions should I take when I do the upgrade?

I have read the ELGG upgrade documentation but my thinking is, additional precautions might be prudent.

Thanks very much in advance for any ideas.

• My recommedation is to disable all plugins. Create back ups of your database and your site. Disable registrations too.

Rodolfo Hernandez
    Arvixe/Elgg Community Liaison