Problem with avatar, images, icon, all pictures

Hello, I have a problem: I installed several times elgg 1.7.6, and all went well, I made some users with profile icons. Then, next day, I open my new elgg net and is all well except the profile icons and all pictures uploaded. None of the pictures uploaded appear. When I try to change a profile icon, elgg say that is well uploaded but nothing appear. 

I look some documentation and the troubleshooting page but I cant find nothing.

Thank you all for the help!

excuse me my bad english, but I speak spanish as a mother language ;-)

• ah! I am over Apache 2.2.15, PHP 5.2.9, MySQL 5.0.91-community, OS linux. 

If you need or want more details, please ask me!

• Your host have GD o imagick library??

You data folder have 777 permission?? You need 777 permission.

• Hi! What hosting are you using? Do you have GD lib enabled?

Rodolfo Hernandez

Arvixe/Elgg Community Liaison

• Yes, I have the folder data with permission 777. And in phpinfo said: 

GD Support enabled GD Version bundled (2.0.34 compatible) GIF Read Support enabled GIF Create Support enabled JPG Support enabled PNG Support enabled WBMP Support enabled XPM Support enabled XBM Support enabled

I understoond that this mean that GD lib is enabled, is´n it?

The profiles icon load well at the begining but then, 24hours or more all images dessapeard of the elgg but they still are in the data folder. 

look: this is one I installed today with the images: www.educasocial.com.uy/prueba2/demo2

and this is one I had installed 3 or 4 days ago: www.educasocial.com.uy/demo   the images have dissapeared!

Thank you all, for the help!

• Did you check if there are errors in your database?

Rodolfo Hernandez

• Hello Rodolfo, I just check all the tables of the databases of all elgg I have installed and are OK.

Yesterday I intalled 2 more elgg and create users with his profile icon, and today I woke up and all the profile icons have dissapeared!!  I dont understoond what is the problem, I installed a elgg in a free hosting two month ago and still working fine, and now I am trying to install one in a payed one and I´m having this strange problem!

ok, I´m still looking for the solution :-( Thank you!

• If I change the data folder for another, the elgg let me upload news profile icons. But It seems to disappear tomorrow! what do you think?

• Interesting, what hosting are you using? Are you sure that no one else has access to your hosting?

Rodolfo Hernandez

• I have a hosting "Easy" of Netuy (www.netuy.net)

Here there are some caracteristics:

Versión de cPanel 11.28.64
    Pantilla x3
    Version de Apache 2.2.15
    Version de PHP 5.2.9
    Version de MySQL 5.0.91-community
    Arquitectura i686
    Sistema Operativo linux
    Direccion de Ip Compartida 74.52.141.10
    Path a sendmail /usr/sbin/sendmail
    Path a PERL /usr/bin/perl
    Version de PERL 5.8.8
    Version de Kernel 2.6.18-128.1.6.el5PAE
    cPanel Pro 1.0 (RC1)  

Now I´m installing elgg 1.7.5 so this version is the one I´ve installed in a free hosting and is still working well. Tomorrow I could tell you if the problem happen with this versión too or not.

Perhaps it´s a problem with the new versión...

Thank you!

Alejandro

• I have installed elgg 1.7.5 and have the same problem. And I instaled the version 1.7.6 in the free hosting limedomains and look all rigth! I think it is a problem of hosting configuration but i don´t know where look at...