Group custom fields

I can find no clear explanation of what this does. It doesn't work on our test server so I have no way of testing it. 

Can anyone provide an explanation?

• Kerry I use profile manager (very popular plugin). It allows both profile fields and group fields to be created. I haven't used any other plugin for this. A very simple example it that my profiles are businesses and so are my groups, so I use the fields to add; phone, city, st, zip, website, email, etc, etc.

look at mypaintersplace.com

• I need some help please, I have spent over 6 hours today trying to understand how to create groups, I can't find any instructions and I can't get my head around it.

I have installed Profile Manager but that is as far as I have got, ultimately I hope to create different groups with different profile information if that is possible?

Is there any instructions on how to do this, or even just how to create a group?

• @downunder: Anything is possible. Either you'd need to engage yourself on some hard-coding or hire a pro to take care of it for you. ;-)

• Is there any instructions on how to do this, or even just how to create a group?

Are there any instructions on creating groups, or do I delete and go elswhere?

• My menus are custom. Somewhere there is a "create new group" menu. I think it hides somewhere..but it is there, if you have your groups plugin activated :)~ Once you have that you can create custom groups fields using profile manager "change groups profiles" etc.

It's there trust me, you just need to keep poking around. This isn't an overnight lesson!