Elgg 1.7.5 bug

Hi,

I am test running 1.7.5 and came across a bug. When you try to access Settings -> Configure your tools, you get a blank page with:

This panel allows you to control and configure the personal settings for the tools installed by your system administrator.

Link your Elgg 1.7.5 account with Twitter.

• the page displays ok for me on my installation of 1.7.5..

which OS and browser are you using?

• The problem persists both with Chrome and IE8. The page looks fine when I disable all plugins, however doesn't seem to load when I have all core plugins enabled.

• It sounds like a class name collision.  Try following the "display errors" section of the WSOD page and report back the error.

• Hi Brett,

I am at a different computer now. Will report back as soon as I get a chance.

• Hi there,

Here is the Apache error message:

PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function curl_init() in D:\\Program Files\\Wamp Test Server\\www\\elgg175\\mod\\twitterservice\\vendors\\twitteroauth\\twitterOAuth.php on line 201, referer: http://localhost/elgg175/pg/settings/user/ismayil.khayredinov/

[Sun Dec 05 19:37:24 2010] [error]

• Twitter's oAuth requires the PHP curl extension installed on your server.  You may need to contact your host to ask for it.  Alternatively, if you're not using sign in with Twitter or posting to Twitter, you can turn off Twitter-related plugins in the Tools Admin area.

• Hi,

I have the same problem with ihayredinov. I  am currently developing my own social network site locally using XAMPP, and I need to enable the twitterservice plugins.

Ive already installed PHP curl extension on my local server, but no luck. Here is the error message:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in C:\xampp\htdocs\sites\elgg\mod\twitterservice\vendors

\twitteroauth\twitterOAuth.php on line 227

im using win7 and chrome browser. Ive tried using IE and firefox not helping.

Please help, thanks beforehand :)

• It sounds like you're not able to connect to a web server through curl. Do you use a proxy to access the internet? Or do you have a firewall installed that blocks applications from accessing the internet?

• Thanks for your response Brett.

Yes I used a proxy, i realize now that it might be the problem. How can I configure the curl so it can work with a proxy ?